feeling uncomfortable sensation after urinating

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 2 months after big surgery ( resection of big part of colon, small part of small intestine and appendix) and I started feeling something weird and strange in my private part (I am a woman) after urination. Has anyone experienced anything like this/ discomfort within the urinary tract? I am planning to see my primary physician ASAP  but she cannot see me in a week from today.

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Dear Violeta

I would suggest you have someone go to the drug store for you and buy Uniary Tract Test 

strips. This way you will know if you have an infection or not. It will at least give you peace of mind if you’re clear. If not call your GP and tell her what you did. She will either get you in ASAP or call you in something. Sometime they want to do a culture but do this and see how you come out. I keep them all the time and use them for this very reason. 

God bless!

• Posted

I am in the USA and I found them in Walgreens but one Walgreens didn’t have it and I found out from the web that another Walgreens near by has it.

I did the test and it is not urinary infection for me.

Thank you again for your idea in the test strips.

• Posted

Sorry, I was wrong. The test strip shows little pink for increased level of leukocytes and nothing for nitrite.

I will do another test again in few hours.

• Posted

I didn't suggest test strips. We cant get them in Australia. A doctor last year did s text strip on my urine, came up positive, but when culturecame back it was negative. No infection. It all ende'dd hp comi g crom my diverticulitis.

• Posted

Violeta. It’s a good idea to do the urine test first thing in the morning. You will get a more accurate reading.  Let me know how it goes.

• Posted

Hi

You should be able to get dip strips online from Amazon - that's where I get mine

• Posted

Thank you felinia. ive been trying to answer you but it wouldnt let me! LOL appreciate that .

• Posted

Hi Violeta. I have had a lot of problems with my bladder. When i had the resection there was inflammatory material stuck to it ( a phlegmon) because of infection. I have horrible problems with discomfort urinating ( burning etc) and sonetimes its all day, sometimes not. I sloke to surgeon, but i thought it was getting better, but its bad again. I will tell him when i see him on 23rd of this month. Its very unpleasant. Makes me feel sick, not a uti either. Sore back too.
  • Posted

Dear Patricia,

I want to thank you on your advice to buy the strips and check.

The registered nurse did urine test and gave my antibiotics for the urinary infection.

sincerely,

Violeta

• Posted

Did she send a sample away? Same thing happened to me, it wasnt urine ininfection. Youll soon know if you get reluef from antibiotics. I did not.

• Posted

HI,

the nurse just called me. it is not urine infection. The medical office is requesting ultrasound on my pelvic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.