feeling unwekl for months multiple symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm a 42 yr old male.

I had a HA December 2012 requiring 2 stents.

Prescribed asprin, bisosoprol, simvastatin and ramipril that I've taken ever since.

Since August 2012 I started to have strange episodes where I would suddenly feel very weak and faint, sweat profusely, feel like I was in shock and just struck hard over the head and paralyzed down the left side face, arm and legs) and very nauseous.

I was taken to A&E treated for a TDS or mini stroke with CT, MRI scans coming back clear and a lumbar puncture also coming back clear

This has happened three times now since August 2012 with DRs suggesting these symptoms were unstable agina or anxiety or a sudden drop in blood pressure.

I've not been officially diagnosed with anything yet.

It got to the point where my quality of life has suffered dramatically.

I get breathless quite easily and don't sleep very well at all.

My wife isn't that sympathetic and tells me to grow up but to be honest I'm feeling totally crap most of the time.

I can't have sex with her for anymore than 2 minutes as I get very breathless and start coughing which just annoys her and puts a dampner on proceedings!

I work full time as a forklift truck driver and when lifting anything to any great height as a look up my head feels like its about to explode and I feel very sick.

Over the last week I've developed a terrible cough and a horrible rattling sound from my chest or throat when i exhale and thus is making even more uncomfortable.

Any advise is much apprichiated as this is really getting me down.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I would add to my comments that you too Ivan have a responsiblity to make sure you dont smoke or drink and make sure you eat correctly. All the drug changes in the world won't help if you dont take care of your end of the business. 

Good Luck

ROY

• Posted

Never drank.

Smoked moderately until the HA.

Bit of a worrier and suffer with stress but never so it makes me feel this ill!

• Posted

Diet is good and I do behave.

Mackerel is now a favorite of mine never tried it until the HA!

• Posted

Thats good then your lifestyle is not an issue, If I was you I would start by taking a Statin free few weeks see if you feel any better. Alot of people feel fine at first when taking statins but they build up in your system and can start making you feel ill, even if you have been taking them for a few years. I think your main culprite is Ramipril. The reason everyone is put on it is because its cheap. Even a nurse told me it's nearly destroyed her husbands health. Your doctor will know about the coughing side effects of Ramipril so exaggerate if you have to, tell him it keeps you awake every night he will have to change it.
  • Posted

Update

Monday 30th may 2016

Note I have now trialed alternate 2 weeks without ramapril/simvastatin on another GPs suggestion.

No mention of my previous anxiety / depression issues although I now have to admit that since I made the original posted, I've more or less doubled the amount of time I'm at work or in some kind of activity.

Last few week were quite difficult with terrible fatigue and tiredness becoming problem symptoms.

Very disturbed sleep, lethargy, lack of interest in usual hobbies and activities, increasing confused, muddled and mixed up most of the time

• Posted

The headaches is constant in the top of my head, left side, down under left eye, across bridge of nose, and back of head down left side of neck.

The pain is a starp sudden pain, just like bring punched in the face, leaving a horrible crushing pressure that doesn't go away and is worse if I lay down or in bright light.

I can try to forget it by keeping busy but its got to the point where its affecting my work because I'm do uncomfortable driving the forklifts I've refrained from doing so because I'm worried for my own and colleagues safety-i should not be driving or operating machinery in this condition.

My sleep pattern is shot to bits and I'm feeling so drowsy mist of the time I'm having few minute power naps as soon as I walk in the door from work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.