Feeling weak

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone who suffers from anxiety feel weak all the time, feel like my body feels heavy and I just feel really weak, is this normal?

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Honestly, I have found the more I focus on the symptoms, the worse they get.  When you, in turn, decide maybe to go out and do some exercise and prove to yourself that you can, you, in turn, start to feel relief from the symptoms.  It builds confidence in yourself and allows you to relax a bit from worrying.  

Feeling exhausted due to anxiety or some mental challenges (like really long day at work or mental strain) is pretty common.  You are literally worrying yourself to the point of physical exhaustion.

As tired as you might feel, I can honestly say that when I felt very bad one night I just decided I wasn't going to accept it anymore and I pushed myself to get up and do the elliptical.  Soon I was doing it every day again and then I transitioned into an hour a day.  

The moment you start to accept that you have the power, not your anxiety, you'll stop focusing on it as much and you'll lose some symptoms.  You can definitely do it.

Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.