Feeling weird, as if everything's familiar.

Posted , 11 users are following.

I don't know if this is because I'm focusing on it, it's really hard to explain. I've always had an anxiety disorder, but was fine without medication for 6 years up until about 5 weeks ago when I had a massive freak out after smoking weed.

I've managed to control the anxiety attacks, but still get a lot of the stress symptoms. I think I've been suffering derealization too.

However, one weird symptom is I keep getting is kinda feeling like everything is familiar, or things are constantly reminding me of past events. Kinda like deja vu, but not as strong as to think "I've experienced this before", more of just a feeling of familiarity. Also I keep getting random memories popping into my head, totally insignificant to anything I'm doing at the time.

I'm thinking this is a stress/anxiety/OCD symptom, like I'm just focusing on it more and more so it's happening more. Ugh it's just so annoying, makes you feel like you're in a dream. Anyone else experienced something like this?

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I dont mean to pry but I dont know if weed smoking is a habit or one time thing .So I will just tell you that alot of people trying weed who already have anxiety do not have good experience on weed whjen they try it.It seems to take a few weeks at least for extra anxiety to slow down.I smokd marijuana for many years then it suddenly had this panic affect.It used to calm me .There was never any going back and all I did was take more panic attacks.But yet so hooked on pot I kept trying.So finally I let go but mostly just drank more and pills.If you believe pot has taken this turn on you please do not continue to try.I have been clean now for 6 yrs.What you are describing sounds very familiar so I reccomend to not smoke weed.Take care.
    • Posted

Thanks. I don't smoke it regularly, this was the first time in years. I just got drunk and then smoked, kinda stupid.
  • Posted

I dont know if you're going to get this, but im feeling the same thing. And have the exact same story where i smoked to much weed. Have you ever gotten over this deja vu familair feeling?

• Posted

I am having the same exact feeling now, can anyone help?
    • Posted

Hi

Do you feel like a strong sense of the past us present ?

• Posted

I be having the feeling as if i already seen something that has already happened or know what's about to happen next. Similar to deja- vu but not quite. But i know I've never experienced none of those things before so it's weird 

• Posted

please tell me you overcame this and how in fact, this happened to me once and i overcame it by traveling to puerto rico and went the whole trip (2 weeks) without smoking i overcame it so well that i forgot this was happening so like an idiot i smoked again and its back been 5 days now

• Posted

I suffer with the same thing where it feels like dejavu at times before I've collapsed and no Dr really gives any fix to this I've suffered with this about 5 years now and the amount of times I've had to call in sick due to feeling iffy because I'm scared I'm going to collapse at work

I just want to be normal again and I duno how

Has anyone got tips on reducing/removing these attacks I'd appreciate any feedback back

• Posted

If it comes in attacks that only last a short amount of time like seconds to minutes and you have other symptoms that accompany it, it could be something like temporal lobe epilepsy. Look it up and maybe speak with your doc about it. Could be it and getting treatment for it could reduce these attacks!(: hang in there

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.