Feeling weird, as if everything's familiar.

Posted , 11 users are following.

I don't know if this is because I'm focusing on it, it's really hard to explain. I've always had an anxiety disorder, but was fine without medication for 6 years up until about 5 weeks ago when I had a massive freak out after smoking weed.

I've managed to control the anxiety attacks, but still get a lot of the stress symptoms. I think I've been suffering derealization too.

However, one weird symptom is I keep getting is kinda feeling like everything is familiar, or things are constantly reminding me of past events. Kinda like deja vu, but not as strong as to think "I've experienced this before", more of just a feeling of familiarity. Also I keep getting random memories popping into my head, totally insignificant to anything I'm doing at the time.

I'm thinking this is a stress/anxiety/OCD symptom, like I'm just focusing on it more and more so it's happening more. Ugh it's just so annoying, makes you feel like you're in a dream. Anyone else experienced something like this?

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hey please im also experiencing this. do you still have it?

• Posted

ive been dealing with this too, at first I was having issues remembering and stressed and it's like my brain flipped a switch and I get visuals of what I think is going to happen and sometimes my brain is creepy accurate. I'm also an infjt. I had this happen as a kid, it's like it's focusing on patterns, body language, and history then paints a picture. I could ruin Wednesday the show I watched a couple minutes of the first and last episode and by the time it showed the window I started having visuals. the blonde girl who is Wednesday friend is a bad guy and she turns into the creature as well as a friend she has with beanie. the Dr. lady did it and framed gomez by creating situation where that guy was attacking and fell in front of principle lady and died. and I got most of that just from seeing the web window in beginning of movie. I've also predicted someone going to jail, my sister being strangled, a wreck, someone almost dying from od inseen them nodding and didn't even know they were on heroin, all sorts things. it's also easier to see through ppl. I don't even think the same. also Washington d.c. isn't in Washington anymore and I've noticed it since they talked about cern last year so now I have to ask myself is the whole world crazy or did I re write my memories. my whole life that famous landmark has always been there and It's on the complete opposite side and yes I am aware of the 2nd one in Virginia. I lived in ne and there is an underground tunnel from president to capital of my state...it's all weird now everything else is seemingly the same except some stories and videos I watched the people telling the stories switched the gender and person that was originally part of story. example a. Jim Carrey prayed for a bike video, it was a man in the first and he even did the accent with more pizazz because it was an Irish man not a woman..now it's a woman. my credibility has lowered like if I told someone there was a killer outside my door they'd think I'm crazy even if there was, I had an above average iq, learned my instrument in a week memorized my 1st song that Friday and played it to teacher. what happened to my brain? idk starting to think crazy people might be onto something. also weed and alcohol never mix for me either bleh but smoking is great with coffee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.