Feeling wired on fluoxetine help is this normal?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

This is my 6th day on 10mg of fluoxetine. Day 1-5 i was so so tired and spaced out but tgen today i have wokeup feeling like i am on speed. I feel anxious and have palpitations but feel like my mind is going a million miles an hour. I no it sounds silly but i keep singibg in my head an literally cannot turn it off. Can any1 tell me is this normal? I have been reading about mania on antidepressants and i have scared myself xxx

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi star , no I've never had nightmares on floux, poor you , give it few more days ,then go back to your gp hun xxxx

• Posted

I will pam defo gunna wait the 2 wks today i have a pain in my arm which is worrying me xxx
  • Posted

Hi star,

racing thoughts, heart palpitations , nightmares are anxiety symptoms. I have been on fluox for 7 weeks and I can tell you that it does work. I dont have racing thoughts anymore. But I still have nightmares that made me scream or sit up suddenly in the middle of the night. One time I dreamed my baby boy running in a road full of traffic and I ran out to save him. Then I found my head hitted against the wall next to my bed when I woke up. It was just crazy.

Anyways, to heal faster, you also need to understand what is causing u all the worries and try to have those causes removed. Good luck and I hope u will get well soon.

Peter

• Posted

Peter thankyou for your reply. Do you think the tabs will work even at 10mg? Did u ever have an aching pain in ur left arm? I feel a little worried sbout this. How long did ur side effects last xxx
    • Posted

Hi Star, in my worst days, I had pain in my whole body... Heart pain, Abdomen pain, back pain, ... It was a dying feeling. Went to ER and tested everything turned out normal.

Anxiety depression amplified all kinds of pain in your body. It is your mind playing tricks against you.

10mg is too low. Normal dosage is 20mg.

My side effects... Shaky, headache, thirst, subside after 5 weeks. I still have tinnitus.

Did u have other side effects ?

Peter

• Posted

Hi peter i have read bits and bobs which have said 10mg has worked for people. I am scared to increase because of the side effects i feel awful on 10 so i dint think i could deal with 20. 

My side effects have been spaced out tired feeling, increased anxiety, headaches, thirst - this is driving me mad, pain in felt arm, nausea and just a general feeling of being unwell xxx

• Posted

Star, looks like you are going thru your toughest time now. Stay on the meds for two months you will see some changes, the improvement process is slow. Keep praying .
    • Posted

Hi peter. Today i feel so so low it is day 10. Is this normal? 

I am worried that 10mg idnt going to be enough but scared to increase xxx

• Posted

Hi.

Peter can i ask did you develop Tinnitus as a result of starting Prozac?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.