Feelings Can't be Right-Depression/Anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been on Fluoxetine for almost seven weeks now. I've heard that it takes awhile to make a difference but these feelings I feel can't be right. Daily, I'm unmotivated-hard to get up and do anything. I am spacey and somewhat disoriented. I never had these issues previous to the meds I've been prescribed to treat the anxiety which I believe led to depression. How do people survive these oppressive feelings? I am a single parent and it's so imperative I get back to being a mom, working and supporting my child but I am just so low. My mother is helping me, doing more than she should ever have to do at 78. I worry she will pass and I'll be stuck like this, unable to function. These feelings surely will go, won't they...this is taking forever....so sad and frustrated; demoralized and depressed.

3 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I like bob suggested to u am awaiting c.b.t. have done some in the past maybe now im ready for the can of worms and to go forward. U can do it kim. Fantastic comments bob xx
  • Posted

Kim i had a really bad reaction to floxetine.  Ive been on it before worked fine, went back on early last year it was awful. Couldnt sleep, went off all my food lost interest in everything, became anxious withdrawn tearful...... after week 6 they increased dose- even worse, persevered for about 10 weeks couldnt take it any more. Some meds take 8-12 weeks to work, some just arent suitable. There are other meds to try, please have a chat with your doctor good luck
    • Posted

Thank you Carolyn....I just really hate this process; wondering what and when it will work or if at all....it eats up my life.
    • Posted

Aww i just hope it does xx i really do.. want us all to be better & let me know should u manage to find another dr willin to take u seriously xxxx

• Posted

Thank you Amanda; today, feeling quite spacey and anxious...low mood...just hate this...hope you are well. I've yet to find a doctor who can help but sticking with pcp for now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.