Feelings of doom in mornings

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been having anxiety and panic attacks for the last 4 months but it seems morning is always my worst. It's really a tough feeling to describe. It starts about a minute after waking up. I toss and turn when I wake up and just lay there in a panic until it's time to get up. Everything seems so scary when I get up and feel sort of lightheaded or just really foggy brained and like I don't want to face anyone. I feel like I am about to be attacked or something terrible is fixing to happen. This feeling just makes me panic and think about the rest of the day and why I feel like this. As the day progresses it seems to subside around 2 or 3 in the afternoon and evening even more so and then by night I mostly feel normal. It makes me not even want to go to bed because I know it's all going to start over in the morning. Does anyone else feel this way and have any idea why? It's like I'm not even me for the first half or more of the day.

Thanks

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes! i do struggle with this sometimes.. as soon as we wake up we instantly remember the anxieties we were feeling prior to going to sleep, i think its because we forget for a while and then it just hits us, it also could be that it is intensified as our heart rate gets a bit faster as we wake so it shocks us in some way. we just need to try and find ways to feel relaxed whilst we try to sleep, maybe listen to some relaxing sleep meditation music as it will distract your mind from thoughts and we can focus on the sounds instead, ive also found being in a clean and comfortable invironment promotes good relaxation for this as well. I hope you can find some ease, i know how hard it is xxx
  • Posted

Yes to everything you said especially now that I started taking sertaline the side effects plus waking up feeling like that is the worst
    • Posted

How long have you been taking the settling? I've been taking fluoxetine for 2 months now . Started 1 month on 10mg and now 1 month on 20mg. At first it was awful then I had great evenings and then upped dose to 20 and started off bad again. Now it's just like I'm in a rut and feels likeits giving me depression sometimes. Probably just feel depressed because always anxious.
    • Posted

That's supposed to say sertaline not settling.
    • Posted

Yesterday made it 5 days I have no energy I'm nauseaous, stomach cramps and worst Of all dizzy

Which has always been an issue for me

• Posted

Same here basically. The energy comes and goes though and so does the nausea. I never get an appetite until late afternoon or evening anymore. And it's like I'm dizzy but not really spinning like dizzy, kinda like I'm drunk or stoned but I don't do either of them so it's not that.
    • Posted

Annoying and I think it fuels my panic even more. Then all I do is start wondering why I feel like that and is it from the meds or something serious.
    • Posted

We're on the same page I get discouraged wondering if I'll ever get better it's so frustrating
  • Posted

Heres a trick. Eat a banana or avacado or some highly nutritious whole food before bed. Even take a magnessium glycinate pill. See if that helos. Many people who have morning bad anxiety its because its made worse by low blood sugar. So the food plus the magnessium glcinate will calm it. It worked for me. I also am menapausal so hormone issues were invoved im sure but still fixed it and it was simplier then i thought. I had read this on pinterest and tried it.worked fast.
  • Posted

I ordered magnesium oil spray I hope it works
    • Posted

I tried some magnesium tablets that my sister gave me but not sure what kind because they weren't in their bottle. It seemed to help and I took a Super B Complex and felt a little better for a couple days but then I went back to bad and stopped taking thinking it was them even though I'm sure it wasn't.
    • Posted

I've read magnesium defincey causes anxiety, depression, insomnia, dizziness and a lot of other things. Since its supplement I don't think it will interact with your Meds but ask your doctor first of course.
    • Posted

I did, and the pharmacist.. they both said it was fine. My anxious and health anxiety mind just makes me think something like my liver or kidneys aren't processing it out and I'm getting too much in my system. I know it's weird, especially when I just had blood and urine tests 2 months ago and all numbers were normal. Think I will start them again this evening.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.