Feelings of fatigue

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello everyone . 

Thanks RHGB for recommending thiamine . Can anyone suggest anything to help feeling tired. When I gave up years ago for three months I had the most terrible fatigue . This time ( 1 week sober) I am beginning to feel this tiredness again. It suddenly hits me during the day and I feel so tired in my eyes particularly.

My diet is very healthy and I'm eating enough. I don't want to start eating lots of sweet things as I don't want to put on weight. I used to be an evening drinker, normally a bottle of wine a night, sometimes more for about 15 years

Many thanks x

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This is a difficult one, as there could be so many answers. First, I would want to have a blood test, to analyse that and rule out any defeciences. Got to your doctor and ask for a blood test. Don't ask his opinion, because then you are giving him the option of saying it is not needed. Just ask him to do it, it is your right as a patient.

Alcohol is full of carbs and sugar, a valuable source of energy. What have you replaced it with? If nothing, your body is now craving those carbs.

You say a healthy diet, a healthy diet has to be a balanced diet. Could you tell me exactly what you had to eat today and drink. If you don't want the whole forum knowing, then send me a PM, but it needs to be honest.

It is normal to crave sweet things as most alcohol is full of sugar. Are you having sweet cravings now?

Your body is adjusting to life without alcohol. How do you sleep. What time do you got to bed and get up and has this changed since you stopped drinking.

The tiredness in the eyes, could be down to lack of fluid intake, but definitely points to a slight imbalance somewhere.

• Posted

Thanks RHGB 

I will answer tomorrow as must go to bed otherwise wont get to work lol. 

Think its lack of carbs. More tomorrow, thanks again

goodnight

• Posted

Hi again RHGB

Yesterday I had 

Baked beans and scrammbled egg for breakfast

Chicken, veg, gravey and bread sauce for lunch

Yoghurt pm for a snack

Tuna, kidney beans, tomatos and mayo for tea

Mostly green tea in the day and a coff , all decaf plus squash 

I do normally eat wholemeal bread and every few days some rice but I'm trying to lose a stone so have been cutting out carbs more. Thats probably my mistake !

I will ask for a blood test though , for definate.

Thanks again 

• Posted

That sounds like it would be enough to carry you through, seems sensible to me anyway.
    • Posted

'Baked beans and scrammbled egg for breakfast'

Healthy breaksfast with decent mix of carbs and protein.

'Chicken, veg, gravy and bread sauce for lunch'

Sounds like a standard works canteen type lunch, but nothing wrong with it. Does the veg contain potatoes?

'Yoghurt pm for a snack'

Afternoon hit of protein, good stuff.

'Tuna, kidney beans, tomatos and mayo for tea'

Again helathy.

'Mostly green tea in the day and a coff , all decaf plus squash'

Make sure you always have squash, to get water into you.

I'll wait for you to confirm the potato question,before commenting, but I'm going to guess your fatigue starts to set in around mid afternoon?

The blood test is important, because you can be eating the healthiest diet in the world and your body still have issues. The blood test would show up if you were anemic or something else. That's starting to go down the black art of endocrinology, so we'll wait for the test.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.