feelings that you're loosing your mind?

Posted , 13 users are following.

So I have been posting and recently posted a message on here when I was on verge of panic attacks or whatever. I just want to know if other people constantly feel like you are loosing your grip on reality? My anxiety is getting worse before id have a panic attacl and that would cause me to be anxious for maybe a day or so and then id be back to normal now I can't remember the last time I had a normal day, I feel like im loosing the plot that im going mad. Its gone from being paranoid that im having a heart attack/stroke the point that I think im loosing it, over analysing anything I do questioning movements and thoughts and putting everything down to I think im going mad. Im constantly anxious on edge its a horrible gut feeling. I was very ill with flu last week and was bed ridden for 3 days I vouldnt eat due to sickness ive been ok for a week now but still cant eat I have no appetite the thought of food repulses me ive been having one snack a day since last monday over a week ago when I had a meal, is this because of the anxiety does anyone know? I have recently been to the doctors and I have been put on citalopram but im only a few days in to taking them so that could be a while nefore it kicks in. Does anyone have any advice on how to cope with thoughts?

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Loopyliz89, I am feeling THE SAME THINGS you described,

How are you now? Does this get better or am I destined to lose my mind?

• Posted

I am on cotalopram

For a few years on and off and my thoughts and feelings are fd up I was googling help and found this post

• Posted

I've been convincing myself I'm going to have a heart attack also the past week or more because of the way I feel. I also cannot eat and everytime I try it makes me want to throw up. That makes me go back to making myself think it's a heart attack. I'm literally driving myself crazy to the point where I can't do daily tasks but I don't feel good everyday. I hope you start feeling better soon

• Posted

It’s hard but try to do things you like have you seen someone or maybe try YouTube and look up how to deal with anxiety and panick attack’s I have and it works hope you feel better 
  • Posted

Hi I’ve been going through the same where I feel like I’m loosing it pretty much all day i hate it I’ve been seeing someone there’s times I feel like it doesn’t work but I try to be positive and think positive but it’s hard I downloaded an app for anxiety and depression it helps you guys should try it I’m also started doing yoga but then it goes back to the thoughts I don’t even know what normal is anymore I just hope I can snap out of this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.