Feels like muscles/tendons being pulling from my bones

Posted , 37 users are following.

Hello,

I am 51 years old and just recently I was a fit as any 25-year old and was quite certain I was going to live till I was 150. Now I feel like an 80 yr old lady. I've been suffering w/ this pain now for over 3-months. Went to four doctors prior to being referred to a Rheumatologist. A Physician's Assistant friend of mine told me to look up PMR on the internet. My symptoms fit to a T, so I thought. Increasingly elevated ESR (sed rate) and C-Reactive Protein levels. Rheumatoid Factor (RA) was negative twice. Pain startedin my hip flexors and then into my shoulders.

My description of my pain (and I have a very high tolerance) is the most prominant during the night and in my shoulders. I have not been able to sleep lying down, but must sleep in a chair. I have lost range of motion in both arms and my strong muscles are all but gone. If I move my arms to far, too fast...it literally feels as if someone has ripped my arm off. I scream, cry and am wrything with pain. I've fallen a couple of times. I have had some moving around type pain to left knee and now both hands (which feels like joint pain).

The Rheumatologist I saw last week (after 5-minutes) told me I had Rheumatoid Arthritis and that there is no cure and that I would just need to come to grips with it. He wanted me to take an injection of Prednisone, which I refused until the labwork that he did is back. I don't buy the diagnosis of RA.

I am currently being treated via a doctor in the UK (Psionic Medicine) with homeopathic remedies. I do not wish to mask my pain w/ Prednisone, but I will probably need to bite the bullet soon as my pain persists (although somewhat improved) with homeopathy.

My question for anyone on this website with PMR is I want someone to describe their pain. Does anyone feel like it's deep in the muscles and tendons vs. the actual shoulder joints?

I have searched and searched and I don't think the doctors have a clue what this pain is like.

I was a nurse for over 20 years and I know what Predinisone does and I do not wish to be on it at all, let alone as a long term solution. Nor do I wish to take Methotrexate or Plaquinill.

I don't mean to be negative. I am searching for answers.

Very Sincerely,

Kim S (USA)_ [color=indigo:b9a7bd32c2][/color:b9a7bd32c2]

2 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I do not have pmr . My muscles aren’t stiff. They are pulling me out of my body. ESP my glut muscles. I am very anxious too and have trouble walking. I will check out ur suggestion. I live in the USA. Do u take meds? 
  • Posted

Hi kim,  not sure you will see this as your original post is 8 years old but, I was just searching for something to describe how I feel my shoulder ligaments feel like they are stretching when I saw your post.  You describe similar details.  8 years on , are you seeing any improvement.

• Posted

Hi kim,

I have been having some of these same symptoms. Have you ever gotton any answers.

Thank you

Dawn Cowell

• Posted

Kim,

I do not have RA or Pma. I do have very high anxiety. My body and muscles feel like they r pulling me off my feet from my head to my gluts. My body is bouncing around. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.