Feels like my soul is dying

Posted , 10 users are following.

I need to talk to someone who cares, someone who talks about more than work or the weather. I feel like I need to tell someone how much I hurt, how sad I am. I don’t want to hear “you always feel this way” or “shape up” or have them walk away in disgust. I just want them to hold me let me cry and quote Lenard Cohen to me. I know this isn’t possible in my life I have no one like that. Just needed to express myself. 

3 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You can express yourself right here. We will listen. Please tell us what is bothering you. We want to help you. 
  • Posted

Hey Deb.

I accidentally stumbled upon your message. Since your message is approximately 8 months old I ask if you are still in this sad state or are in recovery. If the former I have the answer for the recovery of the soul.

• Posted

Still am dying slowly. No light at the end of the tunnel. I just keep putting one foot in front of the other and try to hide my sadness 
  • Posted

Hi Deb,

Sorry to hear but I think I know what the problem is. The original title 'Feels like my soul is dying' is actually not  far from the truth. Several years ago I was in this exact position myself. Lots of sadness, feeling lost, riddled with guilt from my life, depressed in general about my life, stressed, addictions etc. I had been searching for solutions but all the things I tried were only a band aid at best. I was just about to give up and resign myself to the destructive path I was on, when a chance meeting (I don't believe it was chance now)occurred. My wife had met a lady at our daughters kindergarden she was attending. Our family was invited to  dinner at their house and so we attended. By the way our marriage was also about to fail. Anyway we heard a few things that night which interested us. They said that God had fixed their life , healed their bodies , mind and soul and had set them on a new path which leads to everlasting life. Of course we were a bit skeptical but also curious as to where this would lead us. Hey we had nothing to lose so why not have a look, nothing gained nothing lost right. So they invited us to a meeting on a Wednesday night.On the night in question my wife was suffering  a migraine headache and couldn't attend but I went to the meeting with this couple. What I took from that night was a feeling that I was being looked after in a way I'd never experienced before. I don't remember much of what was said but the people seemed very HAPPY and JOYFUL. Wouldn't that be a gift. Anyway I went home a told my wife of my experience as she was curious to know what it was all about. We were invited to come again the following Wednesday night and my wife attended also. This time I was more able to take in was was said by the preacher. I was amazed because the things that he said that night exactly described the state I found myself in. There was one scripture in particular which really made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. That was "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways" I could really relate to this because that is how I felt at the time about my life. After the meeting my wife and I had a little chat  with the pastor and It was amazing because we both decided we wanted to be baptised. The following night we were invited over to the pastors house for dinner and we asked many questions and every answer was from the BIBLE not from the opinions of the man. The following Sunday we were both baptised and that was over 15 years ago. Immediately after the baptism I felt like a new man , clean, forgiven . I really felt this at my core being. Something had changed. I can't expain it really. It was at the soul level. After that I found as I kept coming to meetings all the promises of the bible came true. Healing of the body mind and soul and the gift of Holy Spirit  which I experienced after attending for about 7 weeks. Ever since then I can't explain the JOY I feel each day of what God (The Lord) has done for me personally. It is true to say the Lord healed my broken heart and made me free from the bondage of this life and has made me into a new creature. Old things have passed away. I live this experience. So as I said in the beginning the problem you have is spiritual. God (Jesus) can save you , heal your broken heart , make you whole again, make you HAPPY. I promise you this is true. There is no other way. Yes we can have fleeting joys as we go through life but in the end the sadness is never healed. The Bible says many are called but few are chosen . Are you chosen? You must choose.  You have a free will. Let me know what you think. In Matthew 11 verse 28 (look it up King James Bible)Jesus said to all who will hear. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke (burden) upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke (burden) is easy, and my burden in light. Feel free to ask any questions. Let me know what you think. I promise you this is the truth!   If you wish to communicate in private I can provide contact email etc. Hope this helps. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.