feet and ankles RA

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all I've had ra for just over a year now I take methotrexate and. Meloxican and I take cod liver oil plus omega3 fish oil I have really bad pain in the sole of my foot I work as a carer and I do long 12hr shift so am on my feet all day I do one shift and am sore for 3days after I do it and am just wondering if they are any other. Reemdys u can recommended for me thanks

0 likes, 32 replies

Report / Delete

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Lesley I work on my feet all day also. Usually I get pains in my left foot esp when I put pressure on it. I bought memory foam sketchers. Found great relief.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Lesley.

I agree with Hot Picks.... Crocs have to be the most comfortable shoes under the sun, the orignal sort I mean... or the more 'feminine' version of the original sort, which isn't much more feminine but looks a tad less clunky.

Apart from being lightweight and moulded to your foot's shape, they have these holes near the sole which keeps the soles of the feet cool, which I love.

Gosh, I sound like an ad!

I also have a pair of Echos which are very comfortable, though I don't have to stand all day.

I have had serious foot problems, though not directly related to RA, and I had some special insoles made that mould to my arch, as support. Can't do without them now!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Lesley I get problems with my feet due to ra too. The balls of my feet, above my toes and tendinitis on my achilles heel. I wear like surgeons clogs at work and have orthotic made insoles for all my other shoes. Sketchers are a godsend. We could all be walking adverts for Sketchers lol.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up