Fell 11 days post op

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi everyone, I am a 29 year old active, healthy female...until now. 

I fell down our small staircase, consisting of 4 stairs on 10/7/17, and suffered a trimalleor fracture with dislocation. I had surgery the following Tuesday 10/10/17. All went well and was in the hospital for 2 days after surgery due to pain, I never had a broken bone before so my pain tolerance is a bit low.   I was supposed to get married on 10/14/17...we had to reschedule our wedding, and luckily our vendors have been amazing and were very accomodating our new wedding date is 3/10/18. My surgeon said if all goes well I should be walking on my own without crutches etc by then. 

I have been an absolute wreck mentally, crying everyday, depressed etc...mind you I have had anxiety and mild depression for years so this situation has just made it worse. On top of the mental anguish I have been so worried about healing and making sure to do everything correctly so I can walk down the aisle in March, however yesterday I went to let our dogs out of our sliding door into the back yard and my crutch slipped I fell backwards landing on top of the dog crate and hitting the bottom of my splint (which is hard) on the carpeted floor. No pain just pins and needles. So up until late this evening no new pain or anything. Upon going to sleep my ankle was more sore and achey than normal but no substantial pains except my calf and shin are sore which I have not experienced until

now. I have been up all night terrified I ruined my surgery and that I will set myself back. I have been up all night long and any feedback would be appreciated! 

Has anyone had an similar stories about falling on crutches and how did it turn out?

I just need others insight who have gone through this, as no one close to me has every bad such an injury and although they have been very helpful they do not understand what I am going through emotionally and physically at this time. 

Thank you!

Heather

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you everyone for your encouragement and kind words. I have my first post op appointment today and I am praying for positive news. 
    • Posted

Heather do glad to hear positive things. Those twinges are normal. Please keep bringing the good news I love hearing it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.