Femoston conti

Posted , 15 users are following.

Anyone had any experience of Femoston? I was previously on Evorel Conti but kept spotting/bleeding every few weeks.Would really appreciate some feedback please.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Pat

Am in the identical position to you!  I have been on Evorel Conti and am allergic to the glue, causing bruising itching redness etc.

I have been prescribed Femoston Conti 2/10 so would love to hear others feedback also!  Am scared to take tablets as always had patches but allergic to them all!

Good luck!

DL

• Posted

Hi Daisylady, thanks for your reply. I'm on day 8 of Femoston, so fingers crossed! The GP I saw at my surgery was amazing, completely understood my problems and said to try it for a couple of months and see what happens, if it doesn't suit me then he will offer me something else. Be good to get more feedback for us smile 

• Posted

Yes Pat   I think we need to give it a go.  I saw a pharmacist today, I find them very helpful. 
  • Posted

Hi Pat,

Im week 3 into Femoston so still early days. I too started a post aobut 3/4 weeks ago about othe womens experiences https://patient.info/forums/discuss/hrt-femoston-1-10-mg-patient-reviews-on-effectiveness-side-effects-please--638683?page=0&utm_source=forum&utm_campaign=comment-notification&utm_medium=email#3076674

People kindly responded with positive feedback around using Femonston. I am still very worried about taking these tablets and would rather patches personally I think but wil try to continue for the 3 months reccomended .I think it will take at least up to 2 months to really start to be effective and hopefully you and us all will start to feel the benefits.

Glad to here your gp has been suppportive of you its so important.

Best wishes

• Posted

Hi Elaine

I read the Femoston link you posted and you mentioned headaches and dizziness?  Are you convinced it was the Femoston?  I have had a lot of issues with vertigo in the past and the last thing I need is any dizziness.  Am panicking now and don't want to start the tablets just in case.  Thanks x

• Posted

good morning ladies i dont know how to put one answer on here so everyone can read it sorry so i am replying to all i hope if anyone can share please do. as i wrote on my last post i have only just started  femoston-conti it says 0.5mg/2.5mg i do not know the difference there if there is any! i have been on premqui for 26 years so i am waiting to see if anything happens on these but i take one every other day not daily at mo i can take daily if i want to as another lady has writen it is erly dayd if i have any change i will let you all know take care ladies
    • Posted

Hi Daisy

Prior to starting Femonston I was experiencing mild headaches (a PeriM symptom) but on commencing HRT I did notice initially my headaches became moderate with some dizziness. Since my earlier post both headaches and dizziness have lessened. I think the paitent information does list these as side effects.

I think reintroducing hormones back into our bodies does need an adjustment period and sometimes I don't know what to expect interms of both psychical and mental results. Please dont panick if you haven't had any headches thats a good thing that your tolerating Femonston well nearly 2 weeks in.

Lets stay here for support X

• Posted

Hi Pat,

I have been on Femoston-Conti 1mg/5mg taken twice a day to spread the dose for 6 months. My hormone levels had been severely mixed up by several (male) doctors in my practice. It has taken until now to be able to say....I,m doing okay. After an horrendous 18 months of having all and more of the 66 symptoms, I can now function again and find pleasure in everyday events. I sleep well, usually around 8 hours a night. I can relax mostly......so long as I am doing something like knitting ( I hate knitting, but I have nearly finished a king size blanket)I can sit down of an evening watching television. The central heating being on doesn't bother me anymore, as the hot flushes have gone. I have small bursts of anxiety, but I know they pass. The burning mouth syndrome has settled down, and even sex is back on the agenda! So don't worry about the Femoston. Doctors tried putting me on to the patches, really bad move as I became suicidal after 3 months. I was diagnosed as having a torn something in my shoulder and forearm.....menopause. I was diagnosed as having arthritis in my hip......menopause. I was sent for CBT for anxiety......menopause. After several different hrt,s including one that restarted periods, and then back to what I had been on originally, I was put onto Femoston and advised that, as I had been so bad they will never take me off hrt again. So there you are.....A positive perspective on Femoston. I do take vitb complex and magnesium and now that the acid reflux doesn't bother me anymore, I can take Bachs Rescue remedy if I feel anxious. I hope my positive outcome helps you and other women who are currently suffering. X

• Posted

Glad to hear such a positive experience!

How quickly did you experience results from Femonston please ? Just wondering the difference in taking twice a day probably helps space out hormones stopping the dipping of hormones throughout the day ?

The end of this week will be my first month of taking hrt.

The last couple of days I found my PMS has been very intense and too my anixety sometimes lasting an 1 hour or so during mid morning and again early eveining.

Thanks for the post.

• Posted

Fantastic to read such a wonderful story of positive experience on Femoston.  Thanks so much for sharing.

xx

• Posted

Hi Supermack. Thank you so much for replying. Sounds like you really have been through it! My God the menopause is deadly sometimes. I have various aches and pains, vaginal atrophy, and the good old flushes (especially at night).. 2 weeks in now and I think day sweats are lessening. I'm 67 and started on Evorel Conti  when I was 53. I was ok for years (i cut the patch in half for many years) In Oct 2015 my GP said I should quit because of my age. I did and after a very short while my symptoms came back with a vengeance. Long story short.. I never recovered and like you my hormones were all over the place.. not  pretty.. I am so glad I have found a sympathetic GP.  It's good to hear your thoughts on Femoston it makes me hopeful. Thank goodness for places like this to have other women to talk to. I'm very grateful to you all smile 

• Posted

well supemack39 you have been through the mill i am glad you are better now. when i could not get my premqui sorry cant spell i felt anger all the time nothing was ever right but no other systems thank goodness but only been on femoston a month but i am 71 and i think my aches and pains are do to arthritis but i will keep track of every thing and keep in touch takecare
    • Posted

Hi Trish, just read your post. Premique low dose is back in supply now. Apparently Pfizer who makes it moved premises and hence the delay in production. I have heard so many positive comments on Premique. 
    • Posted

I am the other way round. I have been on Femoston Conti for many years (I'm 72 and desperate to stay on HRT) I have had no problems whatsoever on it. Unfortunately I had a very minor TIA (I'm not sure if it even was as all of the tests were negative) but they are treating it as such and as a consequence I have to come off Fomoston or sign a disclaimer!! The alternative is to go onto the Evoril Conti patch as my doctor is really sympathetic and discussed it with the HRT nurse. I'm worried about using that as I have been so happy on Femoston. I'd be interested to know your experience on the Evoril.

• Posted

Hi Sue90946. What strength Femoston are you taking? I have been taking 1mg/5mg for 10 months and have experienced a lot of spotting. I was on Everol conti for many years with no problems.I was advised to stop taking Evorel in October 2015 and all my meno symptoms came back with a vengeance. I went back to the Doctor and asked to be put back on Evorel, which he did) but I started spotting until I gave up again. The hot flushes came back and I saw another GP who put me on Femoston. Did you have any spotting when you first started it? I wonder if he will increase the Mg dosage? I can't do without it as I need it to be able to function..

• Posted

I was on Femoston Conti with the dose as you for many, many years. I had a suspected TIA 10 weeks ago but I'm still not sure that it was. Subsequently I was told by my doctor that I couldn't continue with the Femoston but he knew how keen I was to stay on HRT so he checked with a HRT nurse who said I could have the Evorel conti patches. I had to reduce my Femoston to every other day until this compromise was reached. I have now been on the Evorel for 1 month and I have had spotting with that whereas I had nothing with Femoston. I'm hoping it is just the change over but reading your experience I'm not sure now. I'm keeping an open mind. According to my doctor it's basically the same but just a different form of administration. I'll obviously have to discuss this with him on my next appointment. I was just so grateful to be able to still stay on it!!

• Posted

Hi Sue, we all have different tolerances with HRT I have done some extensive research and so many of the top people in the field have said it is safe to stay on for life if you need it. I know that one size does not fit all and so I'm going to ask my GP if I can try a higher dose (I think with the Evorel which was wonderful for so many years).. my body became very sensitive to the progesterone and that caused the bleeding along with a polyp that I had removed last February. Try the Evorel Sue and see if it suits you, I used to cut the patch in half for many years and was very successful with it that way. Keep us posted, we are all learning from one another.

• Posted

hi im glad ive come across this as they wanted to up my hrt and im on the same one as you so you can take 2 daily ...is that correct ..i went to patches and they were alful ive had to restart again x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.