Fever with Mono Lasting Almost a Month?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone, I just got diagnosed with a relapse in mono last week, with my symptoms showing up at the end of July.  I didn’t think you could get mono again, so it was a shock to me that I have it again.  This time around my symptoms have been reoccurring fevers, body aches, and major fatigue.  The last time I had mono was 20 years ago when I was 18, so I can’t remember how long I had a fever, but is it normal for it to be going on 3 weeks?  I’m so worried and nervous about this!   I’m a teacher and have to start back at work on the 27th, and I have a lot of anxiety about still having fevers.  Also, I’m taking ibuprofen for my fevers which is working, but now I’m worried about taking ibuprofen this long.  Thanks for any advice and reassurance anyone cane give me!  

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Christine,

I too experienced low grade fevers for 2 weeks and severe bloating which lasted for 3 weeks. They went away gradually. Now my only symptom is general tiredness but not as bad as the initial weeks. Things do get better so please stay positive and don't stress yourself too much.

Hope you will recover soon.

Thanks,

RD

• Posted

I really appreciate your reply, thanks!  Definitely trying to stay positive and know it will take time, but it will go away eventually.  Thanks!
    • Posted

Really hoping the fatigue and tiredness settles down for you soon r20, it's very hard to deal with I know when you want to do things and be active but feel like you pay for doing it or need to take things much more slowly - so frustrating I know.

Just want to reassure that your body energy and resilience does return with time as you recover from this - it doesn't feel like it at the time, I felt like things 'stuck' for so many months that things would never improve and would have to get used to a new normal - but God brought help and healing, you will get to a stage again that you feel like your body can cope with normal and even stressful activity again without suffering for it - that will definitely come r20 I truly believe.

Hang in there and hoping and believing in a breakthrough in your situation soon, thanks to Jesus. 

Craig

• Posted

Craig, thank you for all of your positive thoughts.  Resting and basically doing nothing is definitely hard for me, and I’m feeling very guilty about not really seeing my kids much and the fact that my husband is doing pretty much everything.  Thank you again for your reassurance that things will get better!   I’m so glad that you are doing well now!  
    • Posted

Thanks Christine, 

I know it's easy for me and others on the site to give advice telling folk to rest, but for parents and people working and with responsibilities, I know it's so much easier said than done. 

You have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about Christine - remember this virus is real and the symptoms can be so intense and difficult to deal with, if I didn't have the help of others when I was ill with it would have been virtually impossible to cope. So don't beat yourself up, this is an illness and you are going to get better and get through it - you really will - take it from me as someone who thought they never would at times - God heals and there is hope and recovery today. 

Thinking about you and hang in there - one day at a time is the old cliche but it's so true, you can't look far ahead with this thing and getting through each day is an achievement when feeling so unwell and drained I know. But it won't always be that way, your body resilience and strength does return again as this passes Christine, it definitely does and will, I really believe that. 

Craig 

• Posted

Hi Christine,

So great to hear that the fever is gone, that's great news.

Also that you are getting your energy back. 👍😃

Sorry about your spleen, as far as I understand, this is perfectly normal with mono, but you know, the abdomen is a really sensitive area of the body. So it's no wonder at all, that you are feeling emotional about it.

It will settle though, Craig has the experience to know, see if you can hold on to that, and also that all else has been ruled out.

Hang in there - let us know how you're doing.

• Posted

Thanks Malene, I only really can on my own experience of the virus and what I went through, but it really is similar to what lots of folks have posted about and just want to encourage you and Christine and everyone else that things do get better, they really do!

Craig

• Posted

Exactly, and it's so reassuring Craig, that you are on the other side of this taxing virus, and that you are there to encourage us get through it.

👍👍

• Posted

Thanks for your kind words Malene, I really remember how badly this virus affected me and how worried and frightened I was during it and how awful it made me feel physically and mentally. And a forum like this would have been a great one for me if I'd known about it when I was unwell, but glad I found it later on and it's really important the every single person reading this and going through a hard time with mono right now knows that there is hope - this thing does go away and get better, and it is normal that unfortunately it can take several months and some time to see the manifestations of full recovery, but to know that this recovery does come and your body resilience does return - because I know how impossible that feels for that to happen when you've been going this for a long time, you lost confidence and hope sometimes that you will feel better and different again. 

Thinking about you Malene and still fully believing you're going to get better, fully better, and that God is intervening and not going to allow this to keep going on and on like this for you. 

Craig

• Posted

So true Craig, this forum really is so positive and helpful, when going through this virus.

We are all true fighters when dealing with this!

It's so good to share experiences and help each other get through.

Thanks for being there.

• Posted

Definitely Malene - I believe that God must be bringing people to this forum for a reason, for everyone to encourage and help each other through the awful times they have been going through - and I do still fully believe in recovery for you and for everyone reading this and everyone on the forum - there IS hope and IS recovery from this thing, even if it takes time (which can be normal), things DO get better. Take it from me as someone who thought things may never get better at one point, but did because of God's grace and help and not anything I did. God is a good God and a healing God - hang in there everyone and hoping and praying for improvement for you soon Malene, thinking about you!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.