Fibro Fog

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hiya Friends,

Just wanted to share my day with you ( what I can actually remember of it that is)   My wonderful daughter in law was let down by her child minder today and asked if I could possibly sit my grandchildren for a couple of hours  They are aged 6 and 9 so not really babies needing a lot of care so I said yes    Bored within an hour with TV we decided to take the short walk opposite to the local park   Armed with bread for ducks and nuts for squirrels we set off   I admit I frelt a little light headed before leaving home but oh my!   I honestly felt like I was a ghost walking through the park......  like i was there in body but not really there in mind.    I wandered around following the children then sat on a bench as they played nearby.   Couldnt wait to get home again   Really feel sad that I couldnt even enjoy a nice hour in the park with my grandchildren   Just wasnt really there if that makes sense??    Now at least I know that if i get that light headed feeling again, not to roam too far from home   Actually a little frightened now thinking back on it..........   Fibro fog I am told ?    

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

With think maybe( for me) this is the worst symptom. I can cope with pain and discomfort but when it affects my head ( as it frequently does) I don't feel I'm actually here. It's a horrible feeling and when it goes on and on you almost feel like your on the outside if life somehow( if this makes sense?) I have whole holidays I struggle to remember. It is sad isn't it? X
    • Posted

Thats exactly the way I felt Lynda - On the outside of everything    I was always so organised and planned, organising the rest of the family too   Now I can barely organise a meal - forgot to cook any veg tonight so had potatoes fish and nowt  Lol   May help daughter to understand I am not doing this on purpose and she does have the ability to cook her own tea!! 
  • Posted

Im new to all this but I also feel like this and it's so scary .I didn't understand what this was as went to the doctor a few weeks ago saying I felt as though I was floating on air while trying to walk and I honestly was ready to fall over . Sometimes when people are talking to me I switch off and just stare at them..i know I'm doing it but can't do anything about it..Driving like this is awful!!! sad so this is fibro fog?
    • Posted

Thats what my Gp called it Emma   I have stopped driving recently  I just know that I dont have the concentration levels anymore   I am new to this illness too and really dont understand this part of it  I can understnd the pain  and discomfort but dont understand where this fog comes from  Just know that it scares and frustrates me and often makes me look like I am losing it! ( IF I ever had it! )   
    • Posted

Bless ya sad yeah like you I'm just about getting my head around the pain but the foggy feeling is awful it is sooo scary I am waiting for the day that I fall over. I'm sure people think I'm losing it when they are trying to talk to me and I just can't answer them or if I do it doesn't make sense sad im so sorry you are experiencing this.. but thank you for posting as it's helped me understand xxx
    • Posted

Its a great forum  Everyone has been really friendly so if I can do anything to help anyone else then I am happy tocheesygrin  Good luck Emma
    • Posted

Hi Emma, I must go to bed soon, keep thinking of things I want to say to people! I've found when driving that I'm ok if I'm going somewhere familiar, but even in my own town, I can know where I am, and where I need to get to, but can't think how to get there. I went to my daughters (about 5 mins drive away) but went by a very circuitous route because I couldn't think of the best way to get there. I wouldn't contemplate driving anywhere I wasn't familiar with, especially alone. Yes the fog isn't nice. But don't despair. x
  • Posted

Yes the dreaded fibro fog does indeed make you feel quite unreal. I have terrible trouble with concentration and memory. I have to write everything down. And if anybody tries to explain anything technical to me there's no hope at all! I can only speak for my own experience with the 'fog' making you feel outside yourself; I've kind of got used to it. You will undoubtedly have to make lifestyle changes and it sounds to me like you may find a course of CBT helpful in dealing with that. Good luck. X
    • Posted

My GP has suggested CBT but I am unsure of what it is   I have had a really traumatic past 2 years and it really is something I dont want to revisit or talk about   I cant even follow pretty short conversations lately let alone my husband trying to explain Greeks Euro mess as he often attempts to do!!!   Can you please let me know what CBT is?  As I said I dont want to be trawling over the past  Thanks  
  • Posted

Hi Wendy, CBT is a type of therapy (not counselling, so you won't be asked about your past) but it teaches you coping mechanisms to help you sort of change you way you think, which helps you to deal with things, be it pain, depression, grief, lifestyle changes or anything else you are struggling with. It has very good success rates. 
    • Posted

That doesnbt sound so bad  Am back at GP next week so may ask him to arrange that for me  Thanks for thatbiggrin 
    • Posted

Hiya Jeanne, what does CBT stand for? I've never heard of it that before.or..maybe it called something else in Australia...,thanks :-) xx
    • Posted

That was a quick answer.,thanks...perhaps it's why my consultant told me to play brain games...it really has helped me ...:-) xxx
    • Posted

hahaha   I have been doing that   Borrowed my grand daughters player  and her brain game program  It seems to help me a little too but still cannot sit through a half hour tv program

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.