Fibro Fog

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hiya Friends,

Just wanted to share my day with you ( what I can actually remember of it that is)   My wonderful daughter in law was let down by her child minder today and asked if I could possibly sit my grandchildren for a couple of hours  They are aged 6 and 9 so not really babies needing a lot of care so I said yes    Bored within an hour with TV we decided to take the short walk opposite to the local park   Armed with bread for ducks and nuts for squirrels we set off   I admit I frelt a little light headed before leaving home but oh my!   I honestly felt like I was a ghost walking through the park......  like i was there in body but not really there in mind.    I wandered around following the children then sat on a bench as they played nearby.   Couldnt wait to get home again   Really feel sad that I couldnt even enjoy a nice hour in the park with my grandchildren   Just wasnt really there if that makes sense??    Now at least I know that if i get that light headed feeling again, not to roam too far from home   Actually a little frightened now thinking back on it..........   Fibro fog I am told ?    

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good idea. I don't know what services are like where you live, but when my GP referred me to the pain clinic at local hospital, where I was diagnosed, I was told that they run 'fibromyalgia courses' there. I was assessed by a psychologist a couple of weeks later, for the course, but at the time I had not long started taking Pregabalin, and it made me quite euphoric at the beginning so I was assessed as not needing the course at that time. She said if I changed my mind later I could be re-referred, and now, a year or so later, I am thinking that I will ask my GP for that. You may have something similar where you live. Good luck x
    • Posted

That sounds great  I will ask my GP about a pain clinic and if there are any Fibromyalgia courses  I would like my family to know more about my illness too so maybe there is something they could attend with me  I am only currently taking 25mg Amitripylene and paracetomol which does nothing   Thanks Jeanne and the best of luck to you too x
    • Posted

Your on the same med as me, I've been on it for 16 years now-never ever had it increased either .also I take Ot

TC Osteo Pabadol-paracetamol-slow release ...works wonders fir me...it's funny isn't it? That some meds work better for some people, and they just don't help others..I take my amatriptilyne befire bed and OP 2-3x a day... Pain clinic is excellent..I wish we had a Fibromyalgia course over here..sounds great,,:-) xxx

• Posted

It's just awful, I used to forget what I was talking about, mid conversation all the time...felt such a clux, when I had to keep saying to people.." sorry, what was I saying" grrrr but playing a lot of brain games has really helped me. I hardly get it now...playing something as simple as ..solitaire is great..:-) xxx
  • Posted

Fibro fog is horrible. It hapens to me often, someone can be talking to me in a room or on the phone and I won't have heard a thing that was said. 
  • Posted

Feeling so down today   Woke after a full 13 hours sleep with no restless legs and very little pain so decided today was going to be a good day.   Daughter had already gone out leaving me a note to say that she was at a neighbours and I should meet her there   Felt good to shower without assistance and although I couldnt do my hair it looked ok scrunched into a pony tail.   Left to catch up with neighbour and daughter.......   I only had to walk to the next avenue ( probably a four minute walk) but managed to get lost   Honestly  I remember leaving the house and being somewhat confused about whether to turn left or right but then recognised a car and walked towards it   Thats about all I can clearly remember   Ended up next to the local park where I found a bench to sit down and gather my thoughts   Not sure how long i sat but was fortunate enough that an elderly neighbour walking her dog sat with me and asked if i was ok   She kindly walked home with me        How very embarassing   I hadnt even picked up my phone or keys when I left     I am so ashamed   Daughter was great about it and said I was just having a foggy day but I am so conerned about it   Knocks ones confidence enormously   Sat at home now trying to concentrate but keep wandering off somewhere else    Not sure what time it is now but I started this post at half past three     Is this normal?  I am more than a little frightened now     
    • Posted

Try doing lil games like patience, gap boggle or scrabble even if it's on your  own,,really helps whenever you have a fog flare up..I bought games especially for this...really helps..you have an amazing daughter there...stay strong, less stress is a key to dealing with Fibro...be blessed, feeling for you, here's a laugh, I had to ask my husband what one off the games were called..I could explain what it was, but just couldn't say the name..lol. Be blessed...it does get better, keep blogging..it's great for info and encouragement .....:-) xxx Australia
    • Posted

Thanks Christine for the good advice  Stress does set off my fog Think there are some people that I need to avoid to avoid the stress  Maybe that will help too  X

• Posted

Oh bless you Wendy. I haven't had it as bad as this, but I know it can happen, and must be very frightening. Must have been so disappointing for you especially when your day started so well. Don't be disheartened, and your daughter is quite right; it was just a foggy day. A bi hug to you. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.