Fibro fog

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone

have you ever had a funny fibro fog moment ?

I had one the other night I was feeling very tired and as we were going to bed I said to my partner " you have clean work pyjamas in your draw" ( I meant to say trousers lol) I was struggling to get  undressed at the time and in an awful lot of pain well when I said it I burst out laughing I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and couldn't stop thinking about what I said I was literally laughing until I cried it was sooo funny to me and my pain subsided and I had a good nights sleep snuggling up to my fella... Mind over matter moment best medicine there is 😉 😅

tell people on here your funny moments :-)

shirl girl

4 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

That's great Shirl...very funny....isn't it just amazing hiw a good laugh makes us feel..soooo much in that...I was cooking and the timer bell went off on the stove, so I get up grab the mit and went in the bathroom to put my oven mit in the cabinet, I forgot I was cooking and the oven mit was for taking a dish out of the oven..mmm

its even funnier for me..as cooking is just about all I can do in the house..and I just love it...mmm...can't believe I just shared that story..

giid medicine..laughing..and it's very infectious..I laughed at what you shared..so well done you Shirl..be blessed:-) xx

• Posted

Hi Christine

yes it is good to be able to laugh again after so many years of misery and pain both mentally and physically...i went on a holiday break to Portugal last week the hotel we stayed in was about 15 miles to the nearest town so me and my partner hired electric bikes for the day to get us around I'm 57 he is 49 and I absolutely loved it it felt so exilierating and free not having to pedal I felt like a teenager again lol everything was going great until I slowed down turned off the road and onto a dirt track the bike slipped and I came off my partner was so concerned and shocked he said I needed to get up I told him to leave me for  a couple of minutes to recover.. My face hit the dirt he said it looked so brown and looked like I had a good sun tan lol it did help me see the funny side I got back up brushed myself down got back on the bike and rode it 2 miles back to the hotel and apart from the initial shock sharp pain in my shoulder a bruised chin some minor cuts on my fingers and a bruised ego I was ok and I can laugh about it now?.. I have a close friend that had a nervous break down 10 years ago she really struggles with depression and mental health problems and lives on her own bless her...we have known each other for years and match each other's witty ways..we both feel life is too short to worry about things and get stressed so we help each other when we are down..on Tuesday I received free tickets for the cinema to see a royal night out so I phoned her up and she was having a down day it was mid day she was in bed and said she wasn't going out or doing anything that day so after asking how she was she asked me how my holiday was.. So I told her the bike story at first she was worried about me but I made light of what happened and told her the bike came off worse as I had broken the headlight and mudguard and it was my own fault trying to be like Evil Kneivel the stunt rider she burst out laughing we talked and laughed for an hour and she said she wanted to come with me to the cinema which was 5 hours later when we went to pick her up to go she was still very cheerful and we had a great night out..mind over matter 

we have said we are going to write a bucket list of all the things we want to do...I have just crossed one off with the electric bike lol..take care gentle hugs

shirl girl 

• Posted

O' that's awsome Shirl....sooo good for your friend too, just love hearing positive stories like that....when we can still laugh at ourselves even though we have issues...be a megaphone for happiness through the pain, we can still feel alive for sure..I reckon we all need a friend who struggles...a good way of keeping each other grounded, taking the focus of ourselves...well done you..be blessed:-) xx
    • Posted

So right always someone somewhere worse than ourselves knowing that can bring some comfort ☺️
  • Posted

Here's mine. I made a cup of tea one morning and put the tea into the fridge and went to sit down with the carton of milk. 😛😛😛😛😛😛
  • Posted

Hi Shirl, I've had a few funny things that I've either said or done but due to the fibro, I've forgotten what they were! There was one thing that really made me laugh. I was texting a friend who also has fibro, and she mentioned the overwhelming fatigue that comes over her, and said it can be quite scary when driving. I said that I sometimes find when driving, that I know where I am, and where I've got to get to, but can't think of the bit in between. It's too foggy.She texted back: 'OMG you and me should never go driver & co-pilot anywhere! Ever! '

It really made me laugh out loud, the thought of her falling asleep and me not being able to remember which way to go! Good job we can still laugh. xx

• Posted

my husband works for the railways and we were talking about trains etc past and present . when i refered to carriages as railaway cabbages we were giggiling for hrs razz
    • Posted

Ha ha brilliant tiswas I have said loads of things wrong for years my kids think I'm off my trolley lol 😂
    • Posted

iv said so many daft things i just can t remember them.

the worse of it is is sometimes i dont realise what iv said 

and everyone around me is laughing at me .then the penny drops and i am laughing so much i can t breath razz

• Posted

they think there untouchable i think we all did when we were young 

but i think the present generation more so 

this generation hasn't had to deal with any hard ships like previous generations even us who were teens in the 70s had to put up with power cuts ,bomb scares etc and even the threat of nuclear war.

so life has been easy ,its going to come as a bit of a shock when they have to fend fro them self . and when they realise that a spray tan comes way down the bottom of the list when you have bills to pay. 

its not surprising we go a bit gaga with our memory .

life hasnt hit them yet when it does there think of mum 

and understand 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.