Fibroid expelled

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi ladies, I expelled a large fibroid (it looked alien) at about 8 weeks exactly it was dramatic: I had experienced very painful and foul smelling discharge before that. Am so relieved it's out. It must have been the largest submucosal one 10.5 cm before UFE.

Has anyone gone through this kind of expulsion.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello! I never heard of that happening. That is awesome!

Did you something to trigger this? Where you on a specific diet? How do you feel after it happening? Any tips please let me know!!

Congrats on getting rid of it!

• Posted

Hi Neshira, I underwent UFE procedure on November 16 amd Jan 19 a shrunken fibroid was expelled. It was about 6 cm long from about 10 before UFE.

No I didn't trigger it. I had seen my gynea about a week before this because of intense pain and some protrusion and foul smelling discbarge. Maybe he provoked something when he poked in, but he placed me on antibiotics as a precaution though tests showed negative for infection.

Have not been on a diet just Intermittent fasting, not sure it helps heal the body.

It was a relief. I am not sure how the other dying fibroids will be release as I had 2 submucosal ones.

Have you had any procedure to remove them?

Hope I have answered your questions let me know if not.

Thanks.

• Posted

thats wonderful!can u share what u were doing to cause this

• Posted

Hi Angie I underwent the UFE procedure in Nov have you had of this procedure?

• Posted

what did you do to expel a fibroid? was this during your period?

• Posted

Hi KaiTalavee, I underwent a Uterine Fibroid Embolization procedure in Nov. The fibroids had started shrinking since then, not without pain and discharge though. I believe the ones that are expelled this way are the submucousal ones, or intracavitary ones.

No it was not during my periods.

• Posted

Wow!! I've never heard of this happening before. Sorry to sound silly but was it definatelya fibroid? How did it happen and was it during your period? Mine is alot smaller than yours but is causing so much pain that I wish i could pass mine like this.

• Posted

Hi nicmccomz, I went through a medical procedure UFE in Nov which causes them to start shrinking.

Yes it was a shrunk dead fibroid. 100% sure..lool

If you read deeper sometimes they get expelled this way after this particular procedure, depending on where the fibroid has been growing.

I think I read one other lady here who had the same expulsion experience after this same procedure.

• Posted

Wow! That's good news! How did that happen? My fibroid is also 10cm large. Hope you can give advice so I won't have to go through surgery if ever

• Posted

Hi FlyingFairy,

I went through UFE procedure.

Do you know about the procedure?

• Posted

Hello, what symptoms did you have prior to your procedure? I am waiting on a surgery date for hysterectomy. I am 49 and past the age for more children and menopause could still be years away.

• Posted

Hi Linda, I had all the symptoms of fibroid presence; heavy bleeding, large clots, flush flooding periods, pain its like there was a leaking pipe of blood! ,..which led to amenia..tiredness, all this affected my social and quality life greatly!... and I was fed up with all these, its been 5 yrs of me trying to manage these symotoms and I could tell my ps were going nowhere..

The doctor prescribed naproxen and the Tranexamic acid to control the bleeding and pain but it was only temporary. I did not want a hysterectomy as I felt UFE was less invasive and it is but I quickly learned the recovery process is another journey but towards better days. There is definitely a big change in my period its unbelievable less blood, 2-3 days as opposed to 7-10 days before UFE!

I just turned 50 last week..

All the best Linda, keep us posted for support.

• Posted

No I did not gone through this kind of expulsion. And May be this is serious issue so you have to consult with the doctor. Because Doctor will give you best treatment with exact reason why this thing happen with you.

• Posted

Hi Nimita, it was expected after I went through Uterine Fibroid Embolization medical procedure to shrink the fibroids and so it actually happened for me. My gynea is monitoring me closely too.

Thanks for your response Nimita

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.