Fibroid expelled

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi ladies, I expelled a large fibroid (it looked alien) at about 8 weeks exactly it was dramatic: I had experienced very painful and foul smelling discharge before that. Am so relieved it's out. It must have been the largest submucosal one 10.5 cm before UFE.

Has anyone gone through this kind of expulsion.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

thank you for sharing. I had surgery last wed. I"m having abdominal pain; like cramping. But no bleeding;& the smell is horrible. I go back to the doctor on Wednesday.

• Posted

Hi, I am so glad that I found this support group. I am 48. Have 1 fibroid measuring 7cm diameter and few clusters. I was having very heavy periods every 28-33 days. I had my UFE 5 days ago. The initial 4 hrs was unbearable pain, but they administered pain medication through iv, had catheterization for urine. I was sent home the following day. I am advised to take Motrin 600g every 8 hours for 10 days, and the pain is managed with that. i have Tylenol with codeine also, but didn't need it. But yesterday it started bleeding, passing clots and heavy cramps. Cramps is bearable since I'm already taking Mortin. Is it normal? it's been only 18 days since my previous cycle. Is it a period or am I passing a dying fibroid tissues? I reached out to the interventional radiologist who performed the procedure. He prescribed tranexaminic acid. I'm still debating whether to take it or not. Anybody has similar experience?

• Posted

Wow! seems your prayers have been answered my dear. That is very unusual. Fibroids usually stick to the wall of the uterus.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.