Fibroid in uterus

Posted , 7 users are following.

Ok 2 weeks ago I went in for a Pap smear and after he finished that, he pushed down on my stomach and said he believe I have a fibroid tumor. I was like what? So he said he wanted me to come back in a week. So I went back the second time and he told me it was by the size of a baseball. So now I'm feeling so much of pain in lower abdomen and lower back. Along with dizziness, weakness and nausea it so horrible at times. So now my gyno want me to come back in the 30th for biopsy to rule out cancer. I'm so scared and plus I really want this surgery cause I am in so much pain

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, Just wanted to share that there's research showing that hysterectomy with Ovarian conservation before age 50 years is associated with increased risk of coronary heart disease, stroke, and heart failure. Also, anti-mullerian hormones have been shown to be consistently decreased following hysterectomy despite Ovarian conservation. These hormones are biomarkers for menopause. I felt the need to share becos you said you'll not need HRT with certainty. Ask your doc about these studies and find out what he/she thinks about the findings. Use pubmed to find them. The forum monitors don't like for research to be posted- rules I think.

• Posted

That’s a bit scary 😬

Unfortunately I’ve no choice but to have hysterectomy as daily life has become so encumbered and my fibroid has got so large (and others hiding behind the sucker!) My consultant didn’t say I wouldn’t need HRT with keeping my ovaries, to be honest I assumed I wouldn’t 🤷??? But I guess that’s naive as I’ve been on it for 3mths due to the prostap injections. Hopefully all will go well and as a normally fit and healthy runner I should maybe not be as high risk of heart disease etc...hopefully! Thanks for the info 👍🏻

• Posted

Hi how was you on the prostap injection has I'm going to have a hysterectomy because off fibroids I'm also on tibtone it's my first week after the injection xx

• Posted

Amen to your desire for healing Sister. Fibroids are a destiny stealer, a Career stiffler and a major jail master. I was so glad to get rid of mine, the doctor & OR nurses said while I was under I was smiling and repeating the statements "I am so happy" and "pls take pictures." They had to take pictures in case I remembered. I did not remember talking during surgery. LOL. I was so happy to have them excised from my uterus, there'd never be another happy parting event that matches my euphoria. I know your pain and I hope your healing happens and brings you joy, and strength, and a new lease on life, and white trousers (I could not wear white for so long)!! Best!

• Posted

I’ll be wearing white jeans in no time 😂🙌 thanks for the support! 

• Posted

Hi there, it’s kind of hard to remember as I was in so much pain with the degenerating (dying) fibroid....my iron was already low so I was tired, dizzy and just so darn lethargic. Every teeny tiny mundane thing felt like a huge effort and chore. I’m not sure what was a side effect of the injection and what was all the other things at play. By 3rd injection I was definitely back to feeling like myself but just with reduced energy.  Hope it all goes well for you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.