Fibroids and constipation

Posted , 15 users are following.

so I have a large degenerative fibroid, which could be the cause of nerve pain in my buttock.  I'm on a variety of pain meds, which has obvious consequences. I was never the most regular but now I am really struggling - I've been given movicol, but have yet to see more than the odd fairly hard stool. To make matters worse I am not finding it hard to urinate, especially first thing in the morning - it is terrifying - needing to go and not being able to. I suspect it may be a combination of fibroid and pressure from stools against bladder maybe. I'm eating healthily and drinking lots - not good when can't wee! Any suggestions for foolproof non gripey laxatives? I need to sort this as its getting to the point I'm sort of giving up on everything. 

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, sorry you're having these problems, my main symptom of a degenerative fibroid was intense pain, which moved around, sometimes buttocks, then thigh, groin, abdomen. Constipation wasn't too bad, I tried to eat a big bowl of salad every lunchtime, and cereal in the morning, and drink plenty of water. At times I felt really nauseous though which usually coincided with bouts of very heavy bleeding. 

I hope you find some of the tips given by others work for you.

• Posted

Hello Ladies!  Just thought I would share with you what is working for me like a miracle from heaven.  I was scheduled for a hysterectomy because of my many fibroids and increasing pain and bleeding.  I was bleeding about 20 days on and off throught the month.  I have a vacation that I am looking forward to in July so I opted to have the surgery after that.  In the meantime, I thought I would try a natural remedy that I learned about from other women suffering from this horrible affliction.  What could it hurt?  I now take 1 Tbsp Organic Blackstrap Molasses in hot water in the morning (tastes like tea with honey) and 1 Tbsp of the same Blackstrap Molasses with a teaspoon of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (with the mother) in the evening, prepared the same way with hot water. I know that part sounds weird (with the mother) but it has to do with the enzymes that are in the vinegar.  I'm telling you, I don't have any symptoms anymore!  All of my bleeding has stopped except for my period which only lasted THREE days instead of TEN.  I have no more pain.  In fact, I didn't even have cramps with my last period!  The molasses helps with the symptoms and the apple cider vinegar is supposed to shrink the fibroids.  I have been taking this regimen for two months now and it works!  I cancelled my hysterectomy!!  The trick with shrinking your fibroids also has to do with your diet.  You must stay away from processed foods.  Read online about which foods to avoid as well.  Caffiene is not good for them, neither is gluten, but I cheat on those from time to time.  Anything you can do to eat healthy will reduce the growth.  

Try this!  It's totally natural!  Especially if you are considering surgery.  I'm so relieved to have been able to cancel mine.  These two products have truly been a Godsend.  Oh, and the ACV also helps with sore joints and arthritis.  Read all the benefits of these products online.  The molasses is also safe for people with diabetes.

As for the constipation, I will drink a fruit smoothie everyday when I'm constipated until it goes away.  That always works for me.

• Posted

Hi Shannon, I ordered these products and they came yesterday, so I have started the regime. It certainly can't do any harm. I am still taking Esmya but am seeing little shrinkage of the uterus this time and I'm constantly passing black clots, whether this is a good or bad sign I don't know!

I'll keep everyone informed of my progress, so glad it worked for you and you avoided surgery, that's my aim.

• Posted

Hi Christine, I am excited to hear how this works for you.  Please post your results as they become evident.  Good Luck!
  • Posted

Hello everyone,

I really hear your pain all of you. Poor us! But its so wonderful to speak to other people and to hear all of your top tips.

I had three orange size fibroids removed by multiple myomectomy about 10 weeks ago, and my symptoms still haven't improved unfortunately - mainly constipation, severe stomach pain and bloating. Has anyone else found this?

For the constipation I take Cosmocol in the evening, which is a stool softener and then normally I can go in the morning. This is an absolute god send! It takes a while to get in a rhythm with it and sometimes i have to up the dose if I start to feel constipated, but generally its keeping things moving. But I definitely don't want to take it indefinitely so I'm about to see a homeopath and have started with apple cider vinegar too. I'm tempted by the water treatment!

But sadly the pain and the bloating haven't improved. When they did the myomectomy they also discovered that my insides are covered in adhesions, and potentially these are causing the pain. I am scheduled to have laproscopy next week for them to investigate more and to check if my tubes are blocked (which petrifies me). Really hoping this will provide some more answers, like the rest of you... I'm getting desperate!

Good luck everyone and everything crossed for pain free futures!

• Posted

Sorry to hear that the surgery hasn't improved your symptoms, what a disappointment! It is really good to know we're not alone, I don't know anyone else who has had the same problems as me, plenty who have had hysterectomies for varying reasons, some regret it, some don't, and I don't know which way to go. It would be wonderful if I could shrink these fibroids naturally.....
    • Posted

Hi karla! - the apple cider vinegar should work for shrinkage but not for symptoms.  the blackstrap mollasses is what worked for my symptoms on the first day I started taking it.  But it must be taken every day or the symptoms will return as long as the fibroids exist.
  • Posted

Hi Micramary

Hi ladies. I find that prunes work for me. I eat 2-3 prunes daily n i am regular n soft!

I am taking co-codamol 3 times a day and was also taking iron. Had an awful experience with constipation after taking Tramadol and iron....never ever want to go thru that again!!

Hope u get some relief

• Posted

Thanks for all your replies. It is so reassuring as all the notifications pop up in my email.  I feel less alone and the dejection is reduced when I read all your replies. I'm muddling along, crossing the days off until my op. Thank you so much. 
  • Posted

For all of you suffering from the symptoms of fibroids, I have eliminated ALL of my symptoms by taking a Tbsp of Blackstrap Molasses in hot water twice a day.  I believe this will help you tremedously.  
  • Posted

hi,

I'm going through this right now. just been released from the er from excruciating pain from 6 fibroids on my uterus which feels like a 6"cinder block on my back. I'm hoping for surgery on the 18th,hoping this will be the end to my torture. i need my life back.I have sucked on every pain medication and non works,taken warm prune juice for constipation from not going 3 days what a relief that was. But I will be trying the water diet until my surgery hoping for all to go well. Thanks for sharing your journey.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.