Fibroids and HRT

Posted , 6 users are following.

So I've been told by two separate gynaecologists that by using Hrt I am feeding my many fibroids the hormones they need to survive and therefore they will never shrink and I will continue spotting and bleeding. Their advice is to stop using the Hrt. Go cold turkey, use herbal supplements and I should enter menopause. I was even offered an antidepressant!. I'm not depressed, just fed up.

I'm 58. Started Hrt last summer after suffering many symptoms of perimenopause. Was still having monthy periods up until last spring '16. Using the Hrt I feel great.

I don't have any pain, just bloating, my uterus is the size of a 18 week pregnancy.  

Does anyone here use Hrt with fibroids? Has anyone had a similar experience or suggestions please?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I don't know why the previous message is being moderated. I didn't say anything that interesting. I mentioned a doctors name but so did someone previously. Hope it turns up. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.