Fibroids or more sinister

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm afraid I've fallen in to the worried waiting for results category.

So, I have a history of fibroids, had removed previously but rejected hyserectomy as still wanted children.

In January I saw doc with complaints of almost constant pelvic pain, more to the sides than deep down.

I had an ultrasound/Transvaginal in January. Nurse said fibroids there (lots) and couldnt see ovaries and that I would prob need MRI.

Saw consultant 13th Feb, she did all sorts of tests including biopsy via vagina.

The got letter to go for pelvic MRI. Had that Thursday, awaiting results.

I have constant pain, fluctating in position and intensity. Bloated (visible) and loss of appetitie. Prescribed M-acid but not effective. Constipated more than usual. Some bleeding, bloody discharge between periods. Periods not as regular as previously, every 3 weeks not 4.

I'm wondering why this time I am being sent for so many more tests and what this could be?

Anyone had similar waiting experience? I know that only time will tell...

Thanks loveyl ladies (and guys, maybe)

x

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I meant to add that I'm 40, overweight (well obese BMI 35)

• Posted

I think this all sounds pretty much routine. They did the same to me but I refused the biopsy (my choice). Try not to worry I'm sure you'll be fine. Losing weight helps with fibroids as the extra fat produces more estrogen ??.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Karmaway, really helps.

What was the outcome for you? Hope you don't mind me asking x

• Posted

Hey not at all, happy to help if I can! They did an MRI te possible UFE is it called where they shrink them with radiation? I changed my mind about that so just had the MRI anyway haha! It could be that one has degenerated so the MRI will show you this also. I am having a partial hyst laparoscopically in May. I am now getting pain on and off like a stitch and guess this is the fibroids pressing on stuff etc! Ugh! Plus really really constipated!! I think all the above things are just regular investigations to see how things are and what they can offer you. I don't want a partial hyst but can't go on like this! Btw I already have a child so it's fine for me ??

• Posted

Oh and I per for England. I'm 43 and eating a strict Paleo diet x

• Posted

You peel for England or a Peel diet?

What's that?

Super green at all this stuff!

I have a son too, age 19, went through IVF last few years but that didn't work out.

Good luck with the op! x

Is it Fibroids you have?

• Posted

Pee sorry haha as in urinate as my bladder squashed to half its size! Mine is 26! Son not fibroid 😂. Yes lots of big fibroids! Thanks x

• Posted

Ahh I'm with you...on the pee not peel (and on the pee problem)

There's a poo problem too...that's poo not pool!

Thanks for the giggles...every cloud! x

• Posted

Haha yep poo and pee not enough of one and too much of the other! Gotta laugh hey bird? Keep me posted! ♥️
    • Posted

Will do! You too x

Are you constantly bloated/full too?

My pain is all over rather than on one side, although one side hurts then its moves to a different area. Sound similar?

• Posted

Yeah even after a bowl of soup!! So crap!! Sometimes I get it all over! Like cramping?
  • Posted

I think if you're in pain as well as bleeding they quite often suggest an MRI and/or biopsy in case there's something else (other than fibroids) causing it. I had both, as I was bleeding almost constantly and in terrible pain which never seemed to be in the same place. Nothing sinister was discovered and the only explanation for the pain seemed to be a degenerating fibroid. I was put on Esmya and everything improved quite quickly. Good luck with the test results.

• Posted

Christine did you benefit from the esmya? Any side effects? Sorry if you've told me before 😁

• Posted

Hi, yes have been on 3 courses of Esmya over the last 2 1/2 years, due to regrowth, although they have never grown as big as they were originally, and I have never had pain since that first time, or bleeding as bad. I am 59 so am hoping they will now stop growing. The side effects have been mainly hot flushes, which are annoying but an inevitable part of menopause which is where I should be!
    • Posted

Yes not excessive, just find it hard to lose extra tummy fat, but hey nothing new there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.