fibromialgia and dealing with pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

does any one know of any good aids for applying pain lotion to the back i can manage every where eles but the worst of my pain and stiffness is where i cant reach right between my shoulder blades.

2 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Tina I have just joined your discussion, I have polymyalgia rheumatica which is a similar condition to fibromyalgia I have pain and stiffness all over my body with exhaustion, I do not need pain relief only the occasional ibuprofen, I control my condition with diet, by process of elimination I discovered which food causes inflammation, pain and stiffness, and basically it is starch, sugar and foods that have been chemically bleached white, ie bread, pasta, rice etc, I stck to wholemeal or wholegrain, look on the internet for diet for fibromyalgia and also .....patient.info, I hope this is helpful for you, I am 70 years old and gave gad this condition for 5 years, also try valerian to aid sleep, good luck
    • Posted

think you might have wanted to reply to patricia .

i am glad that you found what works for you

and that your not full of drugs that might cause other problems.as so many people are.

i have found what works for me. and thats magnesuim and and gold .

whole meal products crease me my digestion is just not able to cope with it

it actuly constapates me.

my daughter is the same .thats why its  important to find what works for you as an induvidual .

• Posted

my digestion system cant cope with wholemeal anything  not that any one believes me. i only wish it did at least whole meal has some taste but it actuly causes constapation in me.  when i was young teenager right up to my first baby at 21 i needed it for constapation after the birth of my first baby , it gave me dirooreeh , now with this condition and the menopause it gives me constapation  again . i think theres more to diet i think hormone levals have a lot to do it  .but i am glad its working for you ,i dont eat white rice or pasta i find them to bloating i use brown sugar and coconut sugar , and iv been trying to cut down on white bread , i do buy uncut taste the differance from sainsbury i no its still white but at least it has some goodness and taste .

• Posted

Sorry did not know who I was replying to

I am glad you gave found what works for you as I have, it really is a matter of diet and how to deal with our problems, and if like me you have to give up favourite foods, it's better than using chemical medication but can always have a treat on occasions

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.