fibromialgia and excersise

Posted , 5 users are following.

listening to 5 live this morning there was a gp on talking about excersise

someone phoned in with fibro , and asked the best excersise  for people with fibromialgia , and he said the same as my gp did, walking , not even swimming , just walking he said .

3 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi...I do lots of walking to try and ease the pain, it does not help much just keeps me mobile I guess. I used to attend the gym 4 times a week, but that did nothing at all..
    • Posted

i am surprized it didnt kill you.

the walking is about keeping u mobile iv really got to get back intoit other wise i will become a vegatable its so easy to keep putting it of when it hurts

• Posted

I try and walk and do some small stretch exercises ,I do them on good days as bad days I'm in to much pain ,there is something for everyone to try if and when they can 
    • Posted

i know someone whos 33 and she does loads two jobs the gym with personal trainer walks miles and even went rock climbing the biggest differance between me and her except the age differance

is that she is very happy in her life shes got great parents a lovely new partner who she is marring in novenber and a 3 week honeymoon to look forward to , stress and unhappiness cripples us all but fibro sufferes really do suffer bad from it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.