fibromyalgia

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone for the past 6 years my mum has had fibromyalgia and she is doing better now and coping well and getting help but now she is concerned about me as i am displaying all the same signs as she was. like i have been extremely faigue over the past year now and my parents throught i was depressed or lazy but i went to the doctors and saw a someone and talked to them but they said i was not depressed and something else was happening and talked to my parents and my mum said about hewr condition and then said to my GP he said he did not believe in  the condition.Recently i have had bad back pain and bad pains in my legs and arms and my tiredness as got worse. my anixety as got worse even now typing this my fingers r really starting to become stiff

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

As far as I'm aware it is niypt hereditarily , but that doesn't mean that you haven't git it...usually it comes from some trauma or shock?? I've had 22 years now and I'm cooing just fine,  really hope and pray you don't have it Samantha..you sound quite young...everyone has differing Symtoms too there are just sooooo very many of them..it's soo hard to diagnose..however it's  sooo good to hear your mum is coping well with it..:-) xxx
    • Posted

Oooops...niypt...that is certainly not a wod is it?  Should have been NOT  and HEREDITARY. GOT And I'm certainly not cooing. GOING soooory :-) xx
  • Posted

i am 24 yrs old and i know its not hereditarity be i am concerned because my mums consultant says she devoloped it after emotionally tramua and stress she starting seeing signs after i had my mental health breakdown and was hospitalized and then my sister two months later was in a car accident and was in a wheelcar and i feel i may have it as my life has been full of stress and triggers i lost a friend a year and half ago to sucide and then i had relaspe from my epliepsy and lost my eye sight for eight months and did not deal with it will and developed depression
    • Posted

Poor you precious, what horrific issues you've had to deal which..and sooo young...maybe if you had a referral to a Rhumotologist and got a proper diagnoses, they are the ones who diagnose it and very quickly..and if you do have it, which I really hope you don't, you will be able to be looked after...it always seems to be at it worse in the early stages..I know people who have had a total remission for years..less stress is the key...harder said than done I know...especially when your living with it everywhere...be blessed Samantha ..really feeling for you deeply.,:-( xxx
  • Posted

someone told me that to lower stress a yoga class or relaxtion therapy helps
    • Posted

That's right..we are all so very different so whatever works for you is good..but just make sure you do yourself the best of all favours- look after you..,it's very empowering to try and be stress free...you see things much more clearly...don't just think about it DO IT. ..a good thought is just that - it stays at that..unless you empower it by acting upon it....it will work wonders for you..it will give something positive to be spending your thoughts on too...be blessed..:-) xxx
  • Posted

Hi Samantha, you are a bit young to have FM, but might I suggest (assuming you are in the UK) you ask your GP if he believes in Vit D deficiency, as I think it's possible your symptoms could be caused by something as simply rectified as this. Please let us know how you get on. x
    • Posted

i have 3 friends close to me and one is 19 and the another two r 23 and 27 years old and in space of two years they all have been diagnosed with FM and one of my friends stephanine and recently had a baby and quit her job cuz of her FM
  • Posted

AND incidentally, just because your GP doesn't believe something exists, doesn't mean it doesn't! Tell him people used to think the earth was flat! Lol x
  • Posted

this could be a number of things . it took me 6yrs to be diognosed .

so your not going to get any answers quickly .the fibro pain chart on the net is a good place to start . if you have 6 or more of these pain points its a good indication that it might be fibro .

as stress is our enemy in illness i would start with self help find a good self help relaxtion cd for stress do it twice a day if poss or at least once a day for 7 weeks 

make a note and score of your symptoms at the beginging then again at the end of the 7 weeks . see if they are reduced ,if they have you could just be suffering from servere stress/aniexty .continue with the relaxtion for further improvement .

also try a weekly reflexology treament they are marvolous .

• Posted

Hi Tian, I've decided not to use the magnesium flakes and oil yet. As I've just started the Vit D I want to wait, otherwise I won't know which one is helping! Out of interest, what quantity of flakes do you use in the bath? On the tub I have it says 500g-1kg, but elsewhere I read a much smaller amount. x
    • Posted

that sounds alot 1kg i think 500g sounds about right .maybe try 300g to start with if feel no bennefit increase to 500g 

vitd3 is for the bones and will take a while to show anysigns of working ,

magneisum flakes help relax the muscles and tight tendons and ligaments 

it will be a combination of remedies that work not one onits own . so have a soak tonight .in the flakes  . 

• Posted

The Vit D3 deficiency is causing muscle pain, so I want to know which is helping. The GP said I should feel better in a month, so I'll wait for a month, and then trey the mag. x
    • Posted

well you must do as you feel comfortable but i went to the doctor with pains in my feet and esp toes , i had a blood test which said i was low in vit d . vitamin d is as far as i know  to do with lack of sunshine causing rickets in the young and bone pain in older folk

. to be honest i dont feel much differance pain wise since taking them just taken the edge of .and it took longer than a month . but  like i said you must do what you think is right i see where your coming from if i add anything new i always add one at a time so i know which if any are working.

• Posted

Mmm, point taken. Yes you are right to say that lack of Vit D does cause rickets in children, and osteomalacia in older people, but it also causes muscle pain. I have also, like you, had pain in my feet and toes, so who knows which causes what? Maybe I will try the mag earlier then. Have had a bath this afternoon, and a lie down afterwards. Can only manage a bath a couple of times a week, so will maybe try next time. Thanx Tian. x
    • Posted

Just want to encourage you here Tina...great info..you are such a wealth of knowledge...and support, which so helps many of us:-) xxx
    • Posted

ta . i only tell people what iv tried and has or not helped iv spent a fortune over the years trying to find my way thro this fibro .and iv had many many

dissapointments . so if i can help someone not waste so much money as i have over the years . allbeit .  

• Posted

Yes...it can end up being very costly....and not really working....that's why it's soooo good to hear from  a person who has already tried some of the recommended things..:-) xx 
    • Posted

my parents and family r taking me to have private health care to be diagnosed and get the help i need....but cant do reflexology due to having epilepsy
    • Posted

What wonderful caring parent you have Samantha, you are very very blessed indeed....great news..:-) xxx
    • Posted

your a lucky girl to have such wonderful parents 

not so lucky to have epilepsy .

hope you have a successful time .

and feel alot better afterwards .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.