fibromyalgia

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone for the past 6 years my mum has had fibromyalgia and she is doing better now and coping well and getting help but now she is concerned about me as i am displaying all the same signs as she was. like i have been extremely faigue over the past year now and my parents throught i was depressed or lazy but i went to the doctors and saw a someone and talked to them but they said i was not depressed and something else was happening and talked to my parents and my mum said about hewr condition and then said to my GP he said he did not believe in  the condition.Recently i have had bad back pain and bad pains in my legs and arms and my tiredness as got worse. my anixety as got worse even now typing this my fingers r really starting to become stiff

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My mum has had fibromyalgia for nearly 20 years. As her daughter I was always told it was not hereditary. After an accident in May 2013 at work I've been diagnosed with CRPS ( complex regional pain syndrome) it was only when I saw my pain consultant in Liverpool that he diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia too. He said it is not unknown for it to be hereditary.  Oth CRPS and fibromyalgia are under the same pain umbrella but both are very difficult to get a diagnosis. I had to find this guy in Liverpool and go and ask my GP to refer me to him. Once it had gone to the panel at the pct it was approved and now I can have my treatment there as there is nothing available where I live in East Yorkshire or not on the same scale anyway. 
    • Posted

its the same in north yorkshire to.

i just dont think they understand it .so they dont bother with us and try to fob us of with alsorts of ifs buts and maybes . i am glad you found some help .razz

• Posted

Hi samantha its not for your doctor to say to you he dont believe in this condition. Fibromyalgua is a fact and a reality.

I would look for another gp who truly understands.

All the best.

• Posted

thanks for ur support ever one....is it just me but recently when i have been messing around with my nieces and nephew and we get rough playing around i am so sore for hours after

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.