Fibromyalgia

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had fibromyalgia for a long time now I tried Gabapentin and lost hair I tried pregabalin but didn't suit me.  I was put on Duloxetine 60mg which helped but it has now been reduced due to another problem side effect pain is coming back as well as pins and needles in hands and fingers.  I am not sure what other medication there is.  Does anyone know?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hiya Kipper, don't know if this will help but, this us my med.ill tell you what's it about first..

Amithriptilyne .  is a Nerve-pain blocker..with sleep assistance and minor anti-depressant)..

Amitriptilyne  is  the only med I take for Fibro...gives me a great pain free sleep..- no pain..still feel a tad drowsy waking up...but that sleep is what makes this Fibro manageable for me..only get flare ups now..once  it was just constant  pain almost everywhere and sleepless nights..I take it 7pm before bed..it really does work wonders ( for me..that is,) we are all very different..I take 25 mg...never had it increased either ...started on 50mg but I was like a zombie...all the next day..dropped to 10mg for a while-still not too good but 25 mg is perfect for me..it is actually an antidepressant that works excellent for pain..it numbs the nerve ends and stops the pain from jumping on to the next nerve..hence a very painful body...the antidepressant is probably a lil bonus as most of get depressed from time to time..yes it does knock me out to give me that great sleep which is just sooo needed, to be able to deal with the pain etc the next day..but once I'm up and dressed..I'm fine.....Its great...16yrs down the track..have to be woken up in the morning..but once up and about I'm just fine.....when I was first on them I was like a zombie..but it's like a miracle med for me... it takes a while to settle in. ..also, please remember that less stress is the key to Fibro....be blessed..have a lovely day..:-) xxx

• Posted

I reacted badly to it and Nortriptaline.
    • Posted

That's soo typical..isn't it..what works for some doesn't work for others...I noticed you have a tens machine, so do I, I use it all the time for Fibro..I also have OA..it's good for both..I also have  an infrared sauna too..that's excellent when the pain is really bad, but nothing is quite like  gentle

walks in a warm indoor swimming pool....tiring but very effective...be blessed kipper..have a lovely day..:-) xxx

• Posted

Hi Kipper; I just replied to your input on Duloxitine, but if not good for you, yes, I agree with the taking of Amitriptylline as do others............it is a Nerve Blocker and anti-depressant, so works well  (I take this at 50mgms per day....one during day and one at night ....25mgms each time).....also the Gabapentin (which I know you say causes you hair loss), but works well..........I have also added Magnesium for the Muscle spasms/tingling etc, plus vitamins B and D (if you can find Bio-Magnesium, it has all of the vitamins/minerals in one tablet).....the other thing/s I use are Multi-vitamins and hot packs, plus a Gel called Dencorub with Aspirin-like Pain Relief....which is Very helpful when muscles are Sore..........good luck.......Bron

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.