Fibromyalgia and PIP

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello all, hoping your day delivers you the least amount of pain and the maximum relief as possible lol

I have had Fibromyalgia for over 7 years but have onlt recently claimed PIP. I can no longer lift heavy objects or cut up small food so I have real problems with preparing and cooking meals.  I have to have my partner help me get dressed and showered and to dry and style my hair; anyway I had a text on Monday saying they had all the informaiton they need and will carry out my assessment. I was wondering if anyone else with Fibro has a sucessful PIP claim and also how long after the message that they have all the required info' does the desicion letter arrive?

Sending gentle hugs.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, the message you got is a standard message sent out to most claimants and decisions are taking anything from 3-12 weeks at the mo.  Did you have a medical assessment during your claim?  I know there are quite a few people on this forum who suffer from fibro so should be able to help you - good luck x
    • Posted

Hi, thanks for your response.  Yes I had a medical a few weeks ago then they must have applied to my GP for more informaiton. They wouldn't take any reports I had with me as she said she's not allowed to take anything.

• Posted

Hello Beanieles!

I'm very sorry to hear your condition has got worse! I don't have the same condition or my award yet so can't be much help for that side of it but I had my pip face to face on the 1st of July! I rung on the 18th & 29th of July to chase up just to be told still hasn't been looked at by dwp, so I'm still here waiting for a decision nearly 7 weeks later, causing lots of anxiety but praying for the right result so don't have to battle reconsideration! I have notice different people have had different waiting times for result some 2 weeks and others 8 weeks or later!

• Posted

Thanks for your response. Yes the time taken to make a desicion does seem to vary quite a lot. I hope you hear soon. Take care
  • Posted

Good morning Beanieles,

similar to you, I have Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Spondylitis, Angina blah blah blah .............  and the list goes on  lol

I'm 68, was on DLA for almost 20 years and then very kindly 'invited' to apply for PIP (arent I lucky) 

I had my face to face assessment in June, a letter arrived last week saying that they had all the necessary info to make a decision.  I rang last Friday to see if a decision has been made, they said it had, but it was not showing on the screen and to ring on Monday.  I rang and found out that I had been successful with the claim.  So probably waited around 10 days. 

Have you sent for your report from the assessor? 

• Posted

Have you sent for your report from the assessor? 

Isn't it the case now that the DWP do not send out these internal reports to the claimant unless an appeal has been lodged?

From memory these assessment reports are actually contained within the appeal bundle that the DWP issue.

• Posted

I'm not really sure Les,  I did read on here and another site that for some reason, the reports may not be sent out, but mine arrived just the day before I read that information, so maybe I ws one of the lucky one's.

• Posted

sukes, thanks for your response and what a speedy response, well done.  I haven't asked for my report I didn't know I could.  Thanks I may look into this.

• Posted

Hi beanieles, 

I have fibro & anxiety disorder and i get standard daily living & standard mobility, i applied for pip in october 2015 had my face to face assessment in november 2015 and was turned down with 0 points in december 2015. i asked for a mandatory reconsideration again in december 2015 and was awarded my pip in january 2016 till november 2018. That's my timeline but of course it depends on your area & how busy/back logged they are. be reasurred though that if you are awarded pip no matter how long it takes, it will be backdated to when you made your call for your forms..

Good luck.

• Posted

Hello,

This may seem like a silly question but I've been seeing it a lot, if they've carried on your dla while waiting for your pip result this doesn't get back dated as of course you were still receiving is it only new claims for pip that get backdated? Sorry just some confusion today!

• Posted

Hi chloe. yes that is correct if you are claiming dla already.

my reply to beanieles was in the assumption that it was a brand new pip claim and no other benefit was currently being paid.

just to clarify. 

x

• Posted

Gill, thanks for your response and well done on your appeal.  I went to see Capita in Birmingham so I will imagine there is quite a backlog, the waiting room was full to standing and my assessment was 09.20 so I'm not holding out any hope of a quick response. Fingers crossed eh?eek

• Posted

For clarification my claim is new and I've not claimed in the past.

• Posted

Hi beanieles hope u are well I've got fibro and chronic fatigue syndrome and have a pip assessment on Friday just wondering if u could halo me with what happens on assessments I'm now having panic attacks worrying about it ,many thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.