Fibromyalgia Medication

Posted , 10 users are following.

Can anyone tell me there experience with taking pregabilin? I've been given it by my doctor and I've not yet taken it.. I read the side effects and googled other people's experiences and took major anxiety 🙈. I want to try them to see if they make me feel better but scared of them not agreeing with me.

Any advice would be appreciated thanks x

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Hun

I was the same they gave me gabapentin first off I felt so weird I didn't like it ! So I tried pregabalin last year started off on 50mg now I'm on 150mg a day but it saved my life ! I had enough of the pain and wanted to end my life but these took a few weeks to work but they do work I do However still get flare ups and daily pain in hands and legs but nothing like I used to xx give it ago

Sadie xx

• Posted

Thanks Sadie for your reply... I think I'm going to brave it and try from tomorrow morning.. I had a bad experience on amitriptiline a few months back and it has caused me to have really bad anxiety with medication. I want to be over this anxiety but I just can't help it. So tomorrow's a new day and I'm going to give it a try. Thanks xx

• Posted

Hi aimee, i've just been prescribed amitriptiline and i'm worried about taking them. Can i ask what was your experience as you mentioned in your post it was bad. Thanks x 

• Posted

Hi kazz, I felt very light headed on them and suffered dizzy spells.. I can't explain to anyone the tiredness I felt on them I was a zombie and had not an ounce of energy to even stand for more than seconds. I went to bed one night after bouncing off the walls going into my room and that's the last I remember I woke up 7 hours later feeling so spaced out and drained like I hadn't slept for days. I refused to touch another one and the doctor agreed to remove them. Saying all that I know a few people who they have worked really well for and helped them so much they just didn't agree with me so please don't let that put u off.. And also they can take up to a fortnight to settle in your system xx

• Posted

Thanks, I have the dizziness and light head already, I've fallen a number of times and no energy at all without being on the tablets. I will try them as I'm getting to the stage of desperation. Thanks for the info and hope the new tablets help. Take care. X

• Posted

Amithriptilyne .  is a Nerve-pain blocker..with sleep assistance and minor anti-depressant)..

Hiya...Amithriptilyne is  the only med I take for Fibro...gives me a great pain free sleep..- no pain..still feel a tad drowsy waking up...but that sleep is what makes this Fibro manageable for me..only get flare ups now..once  it was just constant  pain almost everywhere and sleepless nights..I take it 7pm before bed..it really does work wonders ( for me..that is,) we are all very different..I take 25 mg...never had it increased either ...started on 50mg but I was like a zombie...all the next day..dropped to 10mg for a while-still not too good but 25 mg is perfect for me..it is actually an antidepressant that works excellent for pain..it numbs the nerve ends and stops the pain from jumping on to the next nerve..hence a very painful body...the antidepressant is probably a lil bonus as most of get depressed from time to time..yes it does knock me out to give me that great sleep which is just sooo needed, to be able to deal with the pain etc the next day..but once I'm up and dressed..I'm fine.....Its great...16yrs down the track..have to be woken up in the morning..but once up and about I'm just fine.....when I was first on them I was like a zombie..but it's like a miracle med for me... it takes a while to settle in. ..also, please remember that less stress is the key to Fibro....be blessed..have a lovely day..:-) xxx💐💐😍

• Posted

I was first prescribed and used amitripiline. The only major side effect was drowsiness few hours after use. So I use it 2/3 hours before bed time and then do everything I needed to do within that space of time. Once the drowsiness starts It shuts me down and I can't focus on any meaningful activity again for the day. It's better to use it early evening like 5/6pm so it's not carrying over till next morning. It also takes time for the body to adjust to it. But you might get some relief after a few weeks.

I do a lot of skipping when I have a busy evening like party, family visits or evening events. That was my frustration. I couldn't keep up consistently. Now I'm Duluxitine which is not very nice for me but I dread to change again.

• Posted

Hi Hun I take theses x 4 10mg they have helped me sleep loads xxx
    • Posted

Thanks for the info. I've started on them and have been taking them early evenings. Get drowsy and not good next morning, maybe just need to get used to them. Not sure if I like the side effects or if helping, time will tell.

• Posted

It takes time. Give it time. Use couple of hours before bed and do all you got to do within that space of time.

• Posted

I have been on Peegabalin for the last couple of years. I am on max dosage, Epping x2 per day I believe.

I was desperate and having difficulty with Gabapentine and Amatriptaline. The latter making me very spiced out but the worst of all has to be Tramadol! Great for total pain relief but zombie was how I was feeling.

The only good thing with Peegabalin is that it allows me to continue to work, without the pain relief who knows..?

My advice is give yourself some time and give them a go. Watch things if you have to drive or use machinery.

Good luck.

• Posted

Been on all that's been mentioned and none agreed with me, doc has kept me on the paracetamol dihydrocodeine 30mg have been on this for over 3 years and gives me a little relief I gave everything else a go with amitryptaline the longest but like most people was getting the painless sleeps but exhausted throughput the day. Went to gp yesterday who said give nortriptaline a month, took one last night but I did find I was restless, it's nearly 2 pm and I'm shattered, want my bed, but at work. Everybody is different but I at least tried, so give it a go and if it doesn't work you can go back and say you tried.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.