Fibromyalgia Medication

Posted , 10 users are following.

Can anyone tell me there experience with taking pregabilin? I've been given it by my doctor and I've not yet taken it.. I read the side effects and googled other people's experiences and took major anxiety 🙈. I want to try them to see if they make me feel better but scared of them not agreeing with me.

Any advice would be appreciated thanks x

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Aimee

I understand your anxiety as I am reluctant to take meds such as the one you mention.

It's difficult to advise others as to what to do.

In the end we have to decide what's right for us as individuals.

Have you asked to be referred to a pain clinic or explored other treatments to ease your symptoms?

It's worth asking your doctor, or explaining your anxiety regarding the meds.

Hope you reach a solution you're happy with! 😊

• Posted

Hi Karen,

I have my doctor on Wednesday and she's expecting me to have been taking them for the last 4 weeks but I just can't do it 🙈. My anxiety is so bad when it comes to medication and it's probably worse cause I go on google and read into to much when I should just not read a thing and give it a try. I've spoke to a few people recently who have taken them and stopped within a week due to the side effects been worse to deal with than he normal daily symptoms anyway.

I've never been to a pain clinic. I tried sports massage on my back every week for 4 months and it was costly but did give me some relief for a while. I have to weigh up the pros and cons as to what is worth taking as a tablet may help one symptom but always gives me another.

I do every night think to myself I have to positive and think myself lucky that I am no where near as bad as some people I have spoken to and seen with the condition. I can still walk, I sleep every night(not great but good enough to get by) I clean my house daily, do the school run, walk the dog, do my food shop... Al the usual daily things. Yes by the time I sit on the sofa at night I'm shattered and sore but I have no choice with 2 young children. That's my saviour I think I have no choice so I do it. We all need the attitude that I will control fibro it won't control me 👌🏻. Xx

• Posted

Hi Aimee

I'm sure your positive attitude is helping you cope with this chronic condition.

It's by no means easy, but it's good to find yourself able to evaluate and stay strong.

Most hospitals have a pain clinic but I imagine you need a referral from your doctor for that.

Have you tried a therapeutic swim and hot tub session...or even a warm bath with essential oils? Very relaxing!

Good luck my lovely 😊

• Posted

Hi hun I've been on them last 3 year there the best pill ever I am on morphine patches too but it's the gabapentin that has worked wonders I've just learnt about juicing fruit and vegetables together and doing coffee enemas and since having just 1 drink a day I feel really well have loads of energy to the point I went from bed bound for over a year to now going gym 3 times a week I would highly recommend juicing fruit and vegetables together hun you will be pleasantly surprised do research on it you will be amazed at what you learn all illnesses stem from our gut not being at it's best trust me do some research and give it a go I now have my life back and I was informed myself by a health practitioner I feel really blessed as not many people are lucky enough to be told about this information xx

• Posted

Hi I have been on these for last 3 years they are amazing I'm other medication too but these are the best x

• Posted

Hi Aimee I have been taking Pregabalin since 2014 and  have never suffered any side effects , I think I would be suffering a lot more if I wasnt taking them. On a few occasions I have run out and had to go a few days without and certainly felt my symptoms worsen at this time, and even though I suffer pain and discomfort I still feel it would be worse without them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.