Final update (I hope)

Posted , 12 users are following.

So some of you may have my posts and the FS history over the last year, well dont give up people. I have come through the other side, freezing, frozen thawing, MUA, arthroscopy and lots of physion plus listening to my body.

Yesterday I was discharged by my physio, I am almost back to normal, full movement with some pulling but no pain. If I do too much I know about it, but my aim is now to carry on with exercises for strengthening and stretching the muscles etc.

I am so happy to be pain free, I thought that you should know there is always hope of recovery. Thank you for your support.

5 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm so glad for you. Thank you for letting us know. I'm so desperate at the moment.
  • Posted

I am happy to say that a year on I am still pain free, no reoccurence of FS and although my shoulder gets  a bit stiff in the rain or if I over use it, it appears that all is well, hang on in there people x
  • Posted

Ditto! My Physio also said his (hopefully) final farewell to me a couple of weeks ago but he encouraged me to keep up the gentle strengthening exercises - with both arms which I actually enjoy doing. The relief is enormous. Woo-hoo!

• Posted

Hi All, It's been several months since my last update on this forum. Just to recap: Had frozen shoulder in right shoulder and suffered for many months. Posted to this forum on Dec 3rd. Then had MUA on Dec 4, 2015 and I posted another reply to this forum 1 month after surgery which you canfind below. Now it is April 17, 2016. The good news is I don't have any more pain. The bad news is that I did not continue with my exercises like I should so my shoulder is only about 75% recovered. I don't have full range of motion. It doesn't hurt when I go to try to reach in certain ways - its just that it's stuck - it doesn't go in that range anymore. I'm glad there is no pain but I need to get myself back to doing some exercises to try to get that last 25% of range back so I can go back to playing tennis and paddle boarding - the two things that I love. Anyway, don't give up. If I had to do it all again I would still have gotten the MUA so I do recommend that. My advice is to stick with exercises even if you are feeling better. I'm going to get back to them and hope that I have not done damage by waiting too long after the surgery to work on getting my full range back. Best of luck to you all!!!!
  • Posted

It's October 3rd and I would say I'm 97% healed. I'm back to paddle boarding and tennis and nothing hurts. So people don't give up hope!!! If you read back through this thread you will see a few posts from me. Diagnosed with FS last year, had MUA on Dec 4th, 2015. Couldn't wait til I could shave under my right arm again and sleep on my side. I can now. We went back to Costa Rica in July. I was feeling better but still nervous about surfing. My husband did a great job encouraging me and I did it and it didn't hurt. That was a really big step for me. I broke through the fear. My friend encouraged me to get back on the tennis courts and I did. And guess what? I can do it. It took lots of exercise and letting down my guard to not baby it. I just use it and keep using it. It was still painful but the more you use the more flexible you will get and the pain will get less and less. I wish you all lots of luck! I know my case is sounding like maybe it wasn't as bad as others. I had two bone spurs that had caused inflamation and scaring which then lead to the frozen shoulder. So no tears to heal but still went through the freezing, zingers, sleepless nights, millions of tears, and lots of frustration. Peace & Happy Healing to You All. 

• Posted

Thanks for the update! I am a little over 4 months into frozen shoulder! Mine to was a result of a surgery! I stopped doing pt after about 31/2 months of working hard and suffering so badly! I was a the end of my rope the last time I saw my dr! She scheduled me for surgery which is on November 30th! But about 2 weeks after stopping all pt and exercises my pain level dropped! I am going on a couple trips before my surgery which have been planned prior so I'm just resting my shoulder and trying to be in as little pain as possible! Then I will decide to do the mua and capsule release or try to ride it out! I'm afraid to back into the crazy pain again! My pain is still bad but not the crazy pain of the first 4 months! I'm glad it is behind you I can't wait for that day! But it is a little scary it took you a almost a year after the mua to be better):

• Posted

That's FANTASTiC! Congratulations. So glad you are well again. Take care. 

• Posted

My lack of movement in shoulder was caused by a fractured proximal humerus after a fall 5 months ago. The capsule and scar tissue is causing poor ROM. I have had hours of Physio therapy and yesterday had a mixture of saline and steroid injected by a radiologist under X ray guidance. My arm feels a bit freer but still not great ROM. Am I expecting too much too early? Feeling a bit dispirited.
  • Posted

Thanks for the update. Comforting to hear. Good luck and continued healing. I hope to be able to post similar in the not too distant future

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.