Finally!

Posted , 6 users are following.

So after having another ultrasound lastweek which showed a stone and a thickened wall i rang the gasto yesterday and he called back today and has agreed to put me in for surgery eeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkk! I'm not sure if he ever listened to me though as he said we don't normally take them out unless they are causing symptoms but I told him in June, Aug and Oct that i have a constant nagging pain in my flank and ribs since Jan that gets worse after eating, upper back pain that gets worse after eating since March, nausea 24/7,  dark urine and light stools since March. On top of everything i've lost 8 stone.

I have had a few more symptoms in the last few months of constant gurgling in my stomach that sometimes causes a lot of fa#ting but mainly comes up through my throat and make a horrid sound, night sweats and dizzines. Can anybody relate?

I was also told that my GP will be written to and told to refer me to the the surgeon and i will have an appt with him and sort out date. Is this how it worked for everyone else in the UK? 

Many Thanks

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well I am not in the UK however it's pretty much the same in USA. Wishing you well and a speedy recovery!

• Posted

Soooooo happy you’ve finally gotten somewhere! And that it was a gallbladder issue all along which we knew!! Hopefully you get a date sorted soon for surgery 😘 xx

• Posted

Thanks Scottie! Just got all the anxiety of waiting now then the panic up to the big day😨 

Hope i don't get a stauner during surgery lol!

• Posted

😂🤦🏼???😂🤦🏼???. You’ll be grand! Hopefully the wait isn’t too long xx

• Posted

Thanks Scottie hope it doesn't drag out to long! I can't believe i've had to push and push to get this far and don't want any more agro. I'm going to talk to my GP as it's him that's asked to do the surgeon referral and ask if he can refer me to the private hospital as they do some NHS work. I think he owes me one!

• Posted

He definitely does that! Let us know how you get on with him getting your referral sent off xx
  • Posted

Hi Matt,  I can relate to some of your symptoms. I first had gallbladder pain attack in March 2016 (didn’t know what it was at the time) had four pain attacks in 2016, the last one of that year was very bad and after two days of intermittent pain I went to hospital and was admitted. I had a stone stuck in a tube (tube coming from gallbladder) while in hospital I past this stone but a altrasound scan showed I still had a large gallstone still in my gallbladder. When admitted my symptoms were, wee that was vivid orange, number two’s were the colour of porridge oats (almost white) vomiting, pain , diarrhoea, gargling in tummy and jaundice. When I left hospitals few days later I was put on waiting list to have gallbladder removed but felt much better. Between December 2016 and October 2017 I had no pain attack (almost a year) and my GP started to question whether I really needed gallbladder removal! During this long period , with out pain,  I only had one symptom (which I wasn’t even sure was anything to do with my gallbladder) and that was really awful wind . The wind would be particularly bad after I had eaten. It was so very embarrassing that I found it difficult to talk to my GP about this problem (wind from the bottom end by the wAy) I did manage to tell my doctor but she said it could be ibs or the fact that I was on a diet and eating lots of vegetables. Despite having the horrible wind problems, I started to believe that due to being on a diet and loosing 6st12lb , I had cured myself from gallbladder problems!! Then October 16th 2017 I had the pain attack and had to go to hospital. I know now that I have to have the operation so been chasing my date up. The strange thing is is that since the last pain attack (7 weeks ago) I no longer have the f#rting problem and so I am completely normal. So confusing sometimes.

• Posted

Thanks Alabama! Thanks for the info. It's strange i've had  a feeling of a tennis ball wedged under my ribs since Jan with a constant nagging ache that gets painful after eating but not the drop you to your knees pain that many people have. I've never been a windy person but blimmey it's pretty brutal! 

Are you in the UK Alabama? I think you must be to be sent home after spending time in hospital as from all me research the UK seems to be the country this happens in as generally you are given iv antibiotics for 24hrs then it's removed I'm not going to lie i'm now petrified!

Thanks for replying!

• Posted

Something else , i've had the most disgusting taste in my mouth but i don't suffer from reflex, it comes for a day then nothing for weeks, then maybe for a few hours then goes. No matter what i do nothing gets rid of it then it vanishes!

Anybody relate?

My teeth are good and i don't drink anything other than water.

• Posted

I used to get that years ago. If I burped it was disgusting. Actually made me vomit a few times! Turns out it was oesophagitis and gastritis. Took lansoprazole for a month and it disappeared. This was about 11 years ago and never came back xx
    • Posted

Thanks Scottie. I'm not sure if it's that though as i took Omeprazole for 2 months earlier in the year. X

• Posted

matt -good to know you have the answers. Which symptoms bothers you most ?  Mine is the dizziness/lightheadness/Confusion compared to pain/bloating and burping.
    • Posted

Same as you it's the dizziness thats getting me it's the stangest thing as it's not so much in my head it's more in my body if that makes sense and i've had it 24/7 for nearly 18 weeks. I feel like i'm constantly swaying. Then the nausea, then the pain, then the tiredness i get up and i'm yawning all day.  The gastro in Oct said 100% that gallbladder can't cause dizziness but today he said it's very unlikely so to me unlikely isn't 100% not.

• Posted

It is good we  both  have similar symptoms  to compare . Diagnosis for me is non working GB with stones. I guess  for you is stones with inflamed gall bladder right?   i have take some notes how i feel  every day when it was severe. I'm pasting here for you to compare. These were taken on 9/18,10/5 and 10/31 this year. Let me know if you feel this way  or something different. Some of the symptoms  especially tingling in feet, the doctor said was low B12 or diabetic, though my A1BC is 5.6.

notes  : --- 

9/18.

Ate  Rice with beans around 7.50am, not much of burpings, but urinate at 9.00 am and around 10.45 am, after first urinate feeling headache and lot of dizziness when moving my head. I feel my stomach is full and gas.. but does no have severe bloating or belching. I feel more urine is coming though and tiredness after that and pressure/pulling feeling in face and eyes.

10/5: -

sleep was OK on 10/4. 

Toilet was light yellow color in the morning.Morning there was no neck pain or headache or pulling in eyes. Then had breakfast   though i was not feeling hungry. I started working in laptop ,from 9.15 am to 10.15 am  i feel some kind of confusion and not able to focus,confusion, headache,neck pain and pulling of eyes and face,yawning and watering in my eyes. some growling /bloating going in my stomach and sensitvity to my laptop screen. around 10.15 i got around 5 to 10 burps which reduced the headache, tiredness, and all the above symptoms. To conclude it seems , the indigestion,stomach bloating is bringing all the above said issues and does not seem to be isolated issue.

10/31.

Had briyani (Chicken and rice) on 10/27 and 10/29 , did not feel any issues on these days. On 10/30 had a pain on my right side ,but not much dizziness. 10/30 had tomato chutney and Rice in the morning and vegetable rice afternoon and tomato chutney with Rice for dinner.

on 10/31 had breakfast. around 10 to 11am had severe headache with difficult to focus or see any thing. More difficult to focus on looking at some one face and talking and more difficult reading any thing in computer screen or phone. Also, i feel bloated, after burping for few times and had lunch at 12pm relieved some of the headache but still slight dizziness is there and bloating too.Very difficult to see bright computer screen this time and also feel pressure in my face.

• Posted

Yes similar symptoms. For me all i know is my latest ultrasound showed a little stone and a thickened wall. I don't know if my gallbladder is functioning correctly as they wouldn't give me one but i'm 100% certain it's not functioning properly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.