Finally

Posted , 9 users are following.

After 2weeks of having an infection I finally had a swab taken today. It's been a total farce. Couldn't get a GP appointment ,, went to walk in at local a and e. They told me after a 3 hour wait they hadn't the facilities to take a swab. Given amoxicillin which didn't work. Told me to go back to my GP if no better. GP said they wouldn't see me as I had the op privately. Called my private health care last night they said insist on an appointment. Finally see a GP today who was lovely and couldn't believe the aggravation I had. Given different antibiotics and swab sent off ! Took all of 10 minutes! Gggggrrrrr

Sorry for the moan ladies xx

1 like, 54 replies

54 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How are yoiu doing rosiepix? I have just over a week to go for my

Ant repair.. Did you have an irritating feeling like your bladder is bring

Tickled?? I guess its the prolapse. can't wait to feel normal agai. Love.xx

• Posted

Hi welshgirl I'm good thanks X no all I had was the dreaded bulge and constant feeling of needing to wee X not long now lovely soon be over xxx
    • Posted

Yes it's been amazing. No more in and out the loo every 10 minutes. Was such a pain if you went out for the day xxx
    • Posted

That's brilliant news hun.did you have ant repair with stitches too.

Can't wait now to be normal again with this bulge..gross. Its bound

To affect hoiw the bladder works isdnt it love.xxx

• Posted

I think all my stitches were internal I didn't look so not sure. Why anyone would want to look in a mirror to inspect it all is beyond me 😂 X
    • Posted

I certainly won't be doing that,no way hun.some people are to

Inquisitive for there own good,but them we weorru ourselves into

Oblivion and it drives us crazy. I've leasrnt as lot from this wonderful

Forum lovely. Xxx

• Posted

All the worry in the world won't resolve anything X you'll soon be on here saying it's all done and dusted and yep I'm fine x
    • Posted

😘😘😘😘 your quite right.I'm so glad your on the mend.xx
    • Posted

Did you stay in hospital for one night? I've got mine ast spire Southampton

Had a bad experience when I hgaf gallbladder out before and word never to go back there

Unless life or death.it was such a dirty ward, I was sdurprisefy I got away with no infections. Xx

• Posted

Are you admitted on the day of your operation welshgirl? x
    • Posted

Yes matron,I go in on the Monday and the op is that day.hopefully be home next day.discharged

Before noon.xx

• Posted

Is that what they normally do hun?x
    • Posted

Yes that's what does tend to happen although I stayed in another day x
    • Posted

I was in hospital for 2 nights . It was a lovely hospital with excellent care in Kent. I'm glad it was 2 nights because I live in London so a 2 hour drive back. I went in at 7.30 am and had the op the same day at about 11.45 xxx
    • Posted

Did you have a bladder scan to check its emptying right? Thgry said I'd have one before I went home.

Good thing i thought matron don't you?xx

• Posted

Yes I had the scan once I'd passed urine when the catheter had been removed. I stayed in hospital that night though. 
    • Posted

It's just a portable scanning machine they bring to the bed. x
    • Posted

Wow that's brilliant.not like the ultrasound scan I had to check four gasllsdtonex 😂😂😂😂😂
    • Posted

No it's just a small machine on a trolley and one of the nurses checks your bladder has less than 100mls left in your bladder once you've pee'd. Don't worry if it's over 100mls the first time, that's quite common. They will check again. x
    • Posted

Thanks matron. Thats very informative.💕💕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.