Finally beat Threadworm, here's how I did it.

Posted , 61 users are following.

Firstly I want to say that I am not a medical doctor and so medical advice should be taken before taking any medication listed below.

I started having the itchy bottom symptoms around September 2011 and booked in an appointment with my doctor. The doctor said it was nothing serious and told me to take Anusol cream for the itch. There is no doubt that the Anusol cream did relieve the itching symptoms for a few hours but I was constantly waking up throughout the night with a horrible urge to itch. It got so bad that I was getting constant baths every few hours just to provide some sort of relief. I was very tired and irritable the next day in work and started feeling depressed and even started losing weight as my appetite had gone.

At the time I was single (30 year old man) with no kids and so thought threadworm would be unlikely the cause and perhaps it was piles. The itching just seemed to get worse and worse even during the day so I started researching the internet for hours and hours and decided it must be threadworms. I also confirmed the presence of threadworm by excreting into a large piece of tinfoil around the toilet seat and the small white thread like worms were visible although not in great numbers.

I took the Ovex (mebendazole) tablet and after 2 or 3 days the itching decreased and finally stopped. I was so thankful that this ordeal was over, then to my horror the symptoms started to appear again after about a week. I immediately took another Ovex and followed a very strict hygiene routine of changing my sheets every day and washing the bath / shower etc with bleach. All carpets were vacuumed and door handles wiped down.

Again I was given several days where the itching stopped but it wasn’t long before the dreading wriggling sensation returned as soon as I got into bed at nights and I was back to square one. I remember feeling so down, I had to cancel a date and just sat in the house depressed and looking up websites about threadworm for hours and hours. It finally got to the point where I was so depressed that I wondered if life was worth living any more. I read many posts online about people who have had this condition for 20+ years which didn’t help my situation.

I remember one night while sitting in the bath at about 2am having being woken up by the itch, I said to myself I am going to beat this problem once and for all. I decided to research herbal remedies and read pages of useful information on how to beat the worms once and for all. I must say that a lot of the useful tips came from this website which is why I have decided to post my experience here in the hope it helps others out.

Materials Needed

The first thing to do is order the following 3 products from Organic nutrition:

50ml Black Walnut Hull Extract (extra strength tincture)

120 Clove Capsules

120 Wormwood Capsules

Full instructions

Total cost = £36.75

1 x Dust Mask which can be bought in a DIY store

1 x Nail Brush

1 x packet of Ovex

1 x Packet of pumpkin seeds from a health store

1 x packet of odourless garlic capsules

4 x packets of chopped up pineapple chunks

Once all the materials and capsules have arrived, you need to do the follow:

Take 1 ovex tablet with water and while wearing the dusk mask you need to vacuum every inch of carpet especially in your bedroom. (The eggs can easily spread during this method so to prevent you from getting re-infected it is advised to wear a dust mask which covers your mouth and nose). After vacuuming, you need to change your bed sheets and wipe down all door handles, tap handles etc. Place the bed sheets and any towels in the wash at 90 degrees and iron once dry. This is the only way to be sure the eggs are killed.

The process must be repeated everyday for at least 10 days, I know it is a pain but believe me the end result is worth the hassle.

You should also start taking your Black Walnut, clove and wormwood capsules as per the instructions that come with them. Also try and eat a few handfuls of the pumpkin seeds throughout the day and take a portion of pineapple chunks daily. These are all well know anti-parasitic remedies that actually work. Follow this routine for 2 weeks.

Finally and very importantly, the eggs that may still be in your house can survive up to 2 weeks in normal conditions. If these are re-inhaled again then you are back to square one. I read in many forums that if the house is warmed up to 50 degrees then the eggs can only survive for 2 hours.

Every morning when I went to work, I left the heat on full blast for 9 hours at the highest temperature and opened the curtains in every room as the eggs are also sensitive to sunlight. Vacuumed every night with my dust mask on and tried not to eat fast foods but stuck to things like brown rice and vegetables.

I am happy to say that so far 2 months have past and the wriggling feeling has not returned and my life has got back to normal and I am now in a relationship again. I never found out how I originally got infected with threadworm but hopefully I have got rid of these horrible parasites once and for all.

I hope this helps some of you to rid these parasites and should you have any questions then please feel free to ask.

9 likes, 141 replies

141 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Well it could just be that they were trying to escape meds I'm almost positive they can't survive in those places for any length of time. Migration of pin/thread worm certainly isn't unheard of PS in america thread worm is not the same as our thread worm, in USA they are pin worms.

• Posted

Just don't want people panicked by what USA call threadworm it's a lot worse than ours.
  • Posted

thanks for the clarification - yes, it is just (just...!) pinworms.
  • Posted

TBH I went down the "diatomaceous earth" root and had migrating problem but just kept taking it for

3 months and that was the end of it. A steamer is very handy for killing the eggs as only heat is capable

of this, research which food grade DE you purchase for worming people and animals.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi everyone, for years ive tried everything but never pumpkin seeds, I now live on them and for months now I have had no wiggling, no iching, nothig.

Live on pumpkin seeds and I cant see why this wouldnt work for you, eat them every day. They are also very good for you and very good for protecting you from most if not all parasites.

Enjoy worm free smile

Ps. I know it sounds to good and simple to be true but give it a try, you wont be disappointed!

• Posted

Oh also, kids can eat them aswell smile
  • Posted

Oh also, kids can eat them aswell smile
  • Posted

thanks for both of these suggestions. I will probably end up giving them a go - if, or more likely when, the Albendazole, assuming my GP will prescribe it, fails....

My worry about the natural methods that make the gut hostile is giving my little girls the migration problem too.

Can I just ask how long you've both been worm free?

And unknown79, do you eat them ground up or whole? I have another unrelated bowel problem which means eating whole seeds can be troublesome.

• Posted

Probably about 2 years but every time you get an itch you think the worst. Reading websites is another sure way to think your infected .I never saw a worm just my son who had them but the night before he saw them I got an itch that was no mistaking was pinworms.
  • Posted

thanks very much for the info

I know I've had them for real because I saw them alive.. Plus there's no mistaking that horrible tickling sensation

And sorry for the endless questions but do you think the migrating problem was related to the DE? or just coincided?

I thought that DE worked by killing off the worms by cutting them up, rather than some of the other natural methods that create an inhospitable environment that they don't like. So I'd assumed that DE would just kill them off, rather than drive them elsewhere. Maybe not...?

• Posted

Hi MumE8, please can you tell me if you are cured? I have had the same for 3 months now I think it was caused by injecting fertility medication into my stomach. I am pretty much suicidal after only a few months as it's destroyed my marriage and hopes of having a child, please tell me this went away for you?

• Posted

Like I said they will only migrate if they are going to die where they usually live. I really don't believe they can live in ears and noses for any length of time. If I have to do it again I would take something with pyrantel in it to

paralyse them,followed by 3 weeks of DE and 1 more dose of meds for good measure. Throw all the herbals in as well if you like but the secret for me is to paralyse them first to stop the migrating because they can probably find their way back meaning longer on the meds. This is just a theory I have and use it on my dogs as well seems to work.

• Posted

Hi

I have been reading the info above about the worms migrating. My daughter is still clear. However I still give her chopped up fresh pineapple and a handful of pumpkin seeds every day as a precaution. Or sometimes we may miss out a week at a time when she gets fed up. She takes the pineapple to school to eat at first break (with a cocktail stick, never bare hands) and the pumpkin seeds she eats at 4pm when she gets home from school.

I can see that it is possible, if you use medication on a really bad infestation, some could migrate. I noticed that even after clearing my child of these worms a few years ago, an odd one or two would come back and it was as if they had migrated somewhere and then come back to the gut after a week or so. They weren't new worms as they were an inch long so they must have been hiding out somewhere. Possibly in the liver/gall bladder as I've heard this is common.

This is why I changed the amounts of the herbs to try and counteract the problem. But it was only guesswork. I did this by using the tincture only, one teaspoon a day, for seven days, ON AN EMPTY STOMACH. I had read that the extra strength, organic tincture kills them instantly, as does pineapple. However, my child is older and could obviously take that dose with no adverse effects. I then only introduced the cloves the following week to help clear the eggs and I did not use the wormwood at all on this occasion.

One thing, it would be wise not to intermix herbal and over counter medications. Try one at a time because with herbs, other medications will affect them and could stop them from working and vice versa. I do not give any other medications at all when on the herbals whether it be vitamins or painkillers etc. and I order my herbs from a company called Organic Nutrition.

Finally, with the younger children, you could try and put them both on the fresh pineapple once a day, and the pumpkin seeds. Try to get it down them when they say they are really hungry (empty stomach). Maybe the pumpkin seeds before evening dinner and the pineapple before lunch. I would ensure they go into a bath every morning before school to bottom wash. See how it goes and repeat the herbals every 6 months. You may have to do an over counter medication occasionally also.

As long as there is no risk of being pregnant etc. an adult can take a much stronger dose of tincture. For myself, if I had this problem, I would start with two teaspoons of tincture daily for at least 7 days, on an empty stomach. Then I would do cloves and wormwood on my second week and go to tincture once a week. Then I would stop the herbals and take an over counter medication, then take up the herbals again after that. Keep alternating until you're clear. Apparently threadworms thrive on sugar. So no sugary sweets and drinks during this time.

• Posted

MumE8 - My experience was so similar to yours, I can't believe it. I have been battling with this for 3 years now. I have been on Albendazole for just over a month (I'm in Australia though). I am feeling positive about this drug for the first time - though I am on my second course and did feel mild tickling here and there even after a month. So I feel it will take some time.

I've tried just about everything, including countless courses of the regular medication. They helped, but never cured me.

I only ever saw one single worm at a time (5 times over 2 years). But I knew I had them. I started to get this strange tickle inside my nose - it felt exactly as though a worm was wiggling in my nose. Same thing in my ear. And I would get a really itchy throat, just like you. That's they way I knew I had them (not from examining my stools!). However, for about 9 months I had myself convinced I was mad, and it was all in my head.

It wasn't. I knew my own body, and I knew these subtle symptoms were foreign to me.

Somehow I got rid of them for over a year. Then before Christmas I felt a very distinct tickle in my nose. I dismissed it, but later that night I felt that dreaded feeling below. Had a look in the mirror and there was a single worm. I have been battling them since then.

I had a doctor look in my ears, throat and nose when the symptoms were really pronounced two years ago - she said there was nothing there. All I can think is that it is like referred pain - it is an indication that they are on the move somewhere in your body. I have no other way to explain it. I google the ear/nose itch but came up with nothing - I felt like I was imagining the whole thing.

This ongoing problem has really affected my life. I am so paranoid all the time - constantly checking the kids and worming them at the slightest hint of anything unusual. I find myself watching other kids at public places, dreading one of them will scratch their bottom and my kids will be infected. It's on my mind every single day.

Get hold of the Albendazole if you can. It is the only thing that has had any real effect. As it is used to treat other fairly severe parastite infections (hydatid for example), it is a strong drug and must get to every area of your body.

Good luck and keep posting.

• Posted

I feel very depressed to! I've had this for the last 5 years now and nore  hubby or children have ever had it. Only me! I've tried everything. I think now the medication has stopped working to.. Have you got rid of yours? I keep my house clean and wash all the time. It must be that the worms don't leave my body!! Help please.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.