Finally diagnosed. Lexapro?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I finally saw a Rheumatologist today and diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.  I have had symtoms and have tried to get a dx since 1996.

He suggested Lexapro and said it would help with the pain.  Has anyone tried it or other anti depressants for fribromyalgia?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I had a thyrodectemy and also found out I was a Ceoliac.   I am taking cymbatl now and find it excellent for pain and aid sleeping.  @I have went to  hyperbaric oxegen treatment.  This aslo helped me and give me energy.  At present I am finding it difficult with the cold, but I am still able to work away,  When I over do things I am usually exhausted for a few days so I do try and pace myself.   I used to worry about the house and garden being clean and tidy, at times I literally had to crawl in from the garden.....     now  I just make sure that the place is tidy and  pay my young neice to hoover my floors.   Think we just have to realise that everythg doesnt have to be done right away and that we should be good to ourselves.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.