Finally feelin like my old self.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all, I am now 20 weeks post op for a total hysterectomy, A & P repair and a tvt. I have to say I'm starting to feel like my old self again. Still not back at work as I work in a school so not back till sept but feel I will be fighting fit by then 😊

I've gradually been increasing the jobs I do around house and felt good and finally got back out on my bike yesterday which made me feel so much better about myself. I'm a very keen cyclist and have missed it so much. I only managed 5 miles due to a puncture but I went back out today and did another 7 miles. I could feel some pulling when heading back home. Can't wait to get back on form and being able to ride 30miles plus. Nothing better.

So just wanted to share a bit of positivity to give the ladies some hope for the future. Keep going girls it will get better.

Take care.

Fi. X

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Gosh you're doing well! Good to hear such a positive message.

Are you sure you should be cycling already? Don't do too much, you don't want to damage anything! I know it's tempting to get back to "normal" asap but take care.

• Posted

Hi. I was given the OK to go back on my bike at my post op appt with consultant a few weeks ago but didn't get out then as I stubbed and broke my toe so it got put off for a bit longer. I won't be out any more until next week now. I could feel a little tugging when almost home so know my limit.

• Posted

Hi. I was given the OK to go back on my bike at my post op appt with consultant a few weeks ago but didn't get out then as I stubbed and broke my toe so it got put off for a bit longer. I won't be out any more until next week now. I could feel a little tugging when almost home so know my limit.

• Posted

I remember you saying that you thought you had broke your toe, how is it?

• Posted

It's a lot better now. I can fully weight bare on it but certain ways I move my foot I get a pain through the toe so not sure if still healing or if it's healed a bit wonky. Haha I suppose time will tell. X

• Posted

It's so difficult after having rested for so long! Hope it sorts itself soon for you!

• Posted

Oh wow, Fi, that's amazing! Well done. Must be such a good feeling to get back on that bike. I'm really missing running and my husband training for a marathon is quite hard to watch right now!

Well done for making such a positive step forward, back on that road (quote literally!) to normality!

Best wishes

Sue x

• Posted

Thanks sue. My mental state needed to get out and about.

Don't want to darken your day but running is something that they don't recommend you do as it puts a strain on the pelvis floor. I've never been a runner so it's not something that bothers me but maybe get some advice before you start running and be careful. X

• Posted

Oh yes, I won't run again until I have got some advice, don't worry x

• Posted

Very wise sue. I dont know how I'd feel if I was told I couldn't cycle again without risking prolapse again. Other than gutted.

• Posted

Yes thats exactly how i feel , as i have heard it before x
  • Posted

Glad to hear that you are geeling great!  I'm only 6 weeks out, but am having a great day today!  I go for my 6 week post op today, too.  I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever make it through a day without having to go lay down on either ice or the heating pad.

• Posted

Thank you hallie. At 6 wks I thought I'd never get back on my bike as sitting alone was so uncomfortable. But believe me you will get there. Some take longer than others but hey if that's the case then so be it. As long as you rest and don't overdo it and listen to any niggles when doing stuff you will finally reach that bit where you too can get back to normal (or as normal as we can after this op. Some things we have to not do at all to prevent damage)

Wishing you a speedy recover. Xx

• Posted

Thank you!  Dr. said I wasn't healing as quickly as he thought I might, but all is okay.  Just have to be patient.  He doesn't want me going to my singing/dancing compeition in Vegas in October, though.  I'm sad about that because we've worked so long to prepare, but I have to focus on taking care of myself right now.  I am starting to feel a bit better and can't wait till it lasts all day.  Have a great weekend and glad you are getting back to doing some normal things.

• Posted

You will get there (health wise) and there will be other competitions for you to take part in. Getting better is your challenge at the moment. X
    • Posted

Thank you! I'm so happy to have found this forum.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.