Finally surgery date!!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Called my Dr. to see if he had any ideas on how I can feel better, pain meds are not an option since it would interfere with surgery. As I thought I was right but the good news at least for me I am scheduled for surgery June 18th. It looks like my labs are okay he is still waiting on one he said it takes 2 weeks for something show up culture wise but he feel comfortable I should be okay. 

This is pretty screwed up on my part no one looks forward to surgery and here I am I think its great mostly because I cannot stand the way my knee feels constantly.

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So pleased you had good news so far 🤞for last result.

The 18th will come along all too soon, & yes I was absolutely stoked when the hospital rang & offered me 2 weeks from then to have my 2nd knee done! So you must be over the moon to be finally seeing the end of that particular road.

OMG I am talking in cliches!

Good luck

Marilyn 

XX

• Posted

That is why we all had the surgery. Hope of being pain free. It takes time but it is worth it.

I pray your surgery and recovery go well.

• Posted

Getting closer I rcv'd a call today to get my pre-op  physical Sept.7th. Just think pretty soon I will be writing on how crummy I feel. How swollen my knee is cant bend it etc. Then all of you can get back at me fun fun. 

• Posted

From here it goes so quick. Will be thinking of you on surgery day.
  • Posted

Well that was stupid I meant June 7th DUH!!
  • Posted

Maybe its just me but as the days go by my wonderful knee lets me know its getting more painful. Not much of a difference day to day but lately it hurts more this morning then it hurt last week ( this is without doing anything yet just normal everyday BLAH ) It really sucks that I have had so many surgeries on the same knee and evn though it totally sucks for me my greatest wish is no one else has to go thru this B/S. I really wish I had an answer for why me but I don't, I have followed the Dr.s advice with exercise along with ice and elevate as needed. I have tried braces sometimes I have used an ace wrap. Not everyday but I am starting to use my cane again. Come on I am 57 not in my 70's or 80's this whole thing truly sucks. I have been on disability for 5-6 year thanks to my knee and as much as I would rather be working my knee just will not allow it. As it stands I cannot stand for very long without causing pain if I am on my feet for very long once again pain if I sit with my knee bent more pain WTF!! Disability helps but who the hell wants to stay at home constantly? Yes I stay busy with my aquariums and home theater and yard work but it does get to me. So far the Dr. I have now has impressed me with his knowledge and making sure I have no infection. He looked at my prior lab results and just to make sure he did a couple more so far everything looks good. He did mention since I have already had an infection the odds of me getting another are 10% vs someone who has never had an infection. Keeping that in mind hopefully I will not develop one following the surgery. I sometimes feel I should not write anything but I still feel not everyone is going to have a great outcome and people should be aware. Hope this all makes some sense I am not an expert on knee's ( I wish I never had to deal with mine ) I just passing on what I have been thru. Sorry for this just trying to make myself feel better.

• Posted

So sorry you are going through all of this and I agree it is not fair at all. I am hoping that you will turn a positive corner,
    • Posted

Maybe thats the problem I am positively turning the wrong corners!! Now that makes sense, sounds stupid but what the heck!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.