Finding myself?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed in January with A and D. I first tried citalopram and am now currently on 15mg escitalopram (2 weeks on that dose). Am I ever going to be the person I once was, happy, bubbly and generally happy go lucky, although always a worrier! I feel constantly like I'm a let down to everyone and feel guilty even though my therapist told me I shouldn't! I've done CBT but didn't find it that effective! Have I just got to live as me like this now forever or will it get better? Sorry if this is all so negative but that's how I feel as since January I feel like I'm constantly on a roller coaster!

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Like you susan I wonder if I will get better, in my case, no. In your case I do not know. All I can really say is give the medication a further three weeks and you should feel a little more human.

It is sad to see your CBT did not give you the positive resonse you were asking for. All I would say i you can find the reasons for your problems hopefully you will address them and move on.

Only you given time will find you get back those feelings you wish would return.

I personally can not see any reason why you should fail to recover your past life

Many people who have depression and anxiety do recover, while some recover and have relapses, People like me who have a chronic health condition will nver get better, so it is up to you the pathway you will take

All I would say is, approach your concerns and break them down to little bits, aproach each bit and solve that problem, when you get stuck with the problem move to the next on that is causing grief and sort out little bits of worry and when you get stuck again, move on etc. At the end of the period you will find each problem you have will be getting smaller and eventually these problems will disapear. That is how I deal with my concerns and it does work

I do not say mak dramatic changes, what I do say however is look at each problem like chards of wood and you keep planing dowm your concerns and then move on

Give it a try It works for me at 66.

BOB

• Posted

Wonderful post, Bob! People like you, who regularly try to help people despite your own problems, are the very backbone of the Forum!

Sir, I salute you

• Posted

Aww bless you Bob for taking the time to reply, I will try your methods, I know you have to take it slow and I'm so sorry you have other health issues, sending hugs, Sue x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.