First day home

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone - I just got out of hospital yesterday after a right thr on friday.  Feeling very sore and stuff obviously but reading all the posts here has normalised everything I/'m feeling.   So thank you.  Does everyone feel a bit spaced out on the morphine meds?  I caught myself staring into the distance several times last night - studying absolutely nothing at all lol

Am off to attempt my first wash - wish me luck lol.

Michelle

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Michelle

Congratulations on your new hip.

We don't all react to morphine meds in the same way. Morphine is great at blocking pain(though I think technically it just makes us not worry about the pain - hence the staring into space etc - but can have side effects, I think most of us experience some constipation after the op and morphine (and all it's derivatives like codeine) are partly responsible for that.

I think the sooner you can get off all morphine pain meds the better but it depends on the level of pain you have.

Hope you are now feeling clean and refreshedbiggrin

Mike

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.