First day of orlistat

Posted , 33 users are following.

Hi it's my first day of orlistat and I am suffering a terrible headache, is this a possible side effect?

I am really looking forward to seeing how I get on with my weight loss

If anyone one has any snack or meal ideas I would really appreciate it and I would love to hear everyone's stories xxxxxx

2 likes, 381 replies

381 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yeah keep me updated of how your getting on I love to hear how people are doing and any meal ideas x
  • Posted

How are you both getting on? I couldn't help myself and went on the scales this morning. .. 3lb off! Im really pleased as tits been 3 days and normally I wouldn't lose that in 3 weeks! Still not had any side effects so feeling really good smile
  • Posted

Also I ordered the Alli plan book from Amazon as thought it might be useful. It turned up today and is full of recipies, and such a bargain at £1.84!!
  • Posted

Hi guys, sorry to intrude on your conversation, just a quick question.. i started on orlistat yesterday (24.05.13) my general day to day eating plan is :-

morning - piece of fruit & maybe a natural yogurt

dinner - tin on spaghetti or ravioli , is this bad or is it ok & should i take a pill for it? i also have some fruit again afterwards or a yogurt

& for tea i have a main tea with the family & obviously take a tablet.

if i'm going wrong, where am i going wrong? advice please.

& good luck to all you guys :D

xxx

• Posted

As long as each meal has less than 15g of fat you should be ok. I do recommend getting that book from Amazon as it gives good advice and recipes. Let us know how you get on x
  • Posted

Hi vickie that's fab! Feels great doesn't it ! I'm gonna get that book from amazon thanx for telling me smile xxx

• Posted

Hi, a quick question - did you all get orlistat from your go or did you buy it? I've been trying to lose weight for a couple of years without success, due to a health condition I can't exercise as much as I would like so this is a last resort.
  • Posted

I got mine on prescription from GP. It is a higher strength than what you get from boots.
  • Posted

I've just been weighed on my scales at home and I've lost a stone !!!!!

How is everyone doing ? X

• Posted

Thanks vickie, I'm going to gp this week so will ask, also seeing rheumatologist I'll see what she says too. Any side effects other than headache anyone?

S x

• Posted

A stone! Thats fantastic, whats it been, 10 days?!

I am 1 week in and have lost 4lb, and still no side effects smile

• Posted

Hi shelagh the headache is the only side effect I've had smile

Hi vickie well done !! Yeah it's been 10 days xx. I'm actually really enjoying healthy eating ! X

• Posted

I've ordered 3 months supply online, forgot to ask the doc about it so hope these are ok. They come from a reputable source so should be. Excited and nervous at the same time.
  • Posted

I was excited and nervous as well when I started ! But since starting using them I have became more conscious of what I eat as I would hate to have some f the Side effects caused through not healthy eating x
  • Posted

I'm married to a chef so we do eat healthily,we eat a lot of chicken, salads etc, any red meat is lean. Will these still work?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.