First day on Escitalopram?

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi, I tried Sertrline for 5 weeks but I guess it wasn't meant for me, started on Escitalopram today 5mg for 2-days and then 10mg after. if you would share your feedback, side effects what to expect, how to best deal with them and finally I understand it takes about 2 weeks before I see any benefits...Would greatly appreciated! I'm suffering from Anxiety with slight depression. Thank you

0 likes, 743 replies

743 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I couldn't take it, caused agitation, increase in anxiety, crying was worse. But everyone is different. I hope it helps you.

• Posted

It is like this for quite a while with every antidepressant I am on day 26 and have bad anxiety every other day.
    • Posted

I was on Sertraline for over 5 month and it was like a nightmare everyday, I sunk so low, it was a terrible chapter of my life! My Doctor prescribed Ativan to counter my Anxiety in the morning with the new medicine, plus I keep myself busy and exercise daily. Have your doctor prescribe some Xanax or Ativan. Good luck!
    • Posted

Did your anxiety go away completely. You are so fortunate. Mine is still around after 25 days
    • Posted

With the help of Ativan and keeping yourself busy and exercise daily, your mind doesn't have time to play tricks on you. I plan my next day the night before, it's far easier when you get up in the morning knowing you have things to do. This will stop the Anxiety completely. As you know we have to do our part to help the medicine work effectively.Have a good day!

• Posted

How are you doing Hana I am on day 30 and hope it kicks in soon could take 6-8 weeks
    • Posted

Hi Lynn, I'm doing fine so far, it's getting better every day. I'm on day 23, almost 3 weeks, you're right, it could take 6-8 weeks to fully work, but it will at the end! I found that keeping busy is helping me alot. Have a great Sunday.

• Posted

Sertraline made me feel absolutely terrible like that too which is weird because I was on it for years before and it really did help! Now my body is just like nope rejection 
    • Posted

lynn

just curious how are you feeling now?

I was on Citalopram for 19 years ran out for a week and got back on. 24 days of pure hell with no emotions, anxiety, obsessive thoughts of being stuck like this forever. Got switched to 20 mg of escitalopram and feel even worse. Today i took half to see how I react.

going to a pyschiatrist today because i just feel like i am going to lose my mind all together.

• Posted

i am on pristiq 21 days still waiting lexapro didn't wrk for me

• Posted

Thank you Lynn

I am headed to the psychiatrist now to discuss additional meds. I was only on CIT for 3.5 weeks but developed very heightened anxiety and loss of all emotions except fear. Ive also lost 23 lbs.

I started ESC 4 days ago at 20mg only took ten this morning to see how I react. It has not helped at all in fact I feel worse but its only been 4 days.

praying I am better soon. i feel like i am losing my mind and its so damn scary.

• Posted

i understand i have the same problem hard to stay on them for 8 to 12 weeks to see if they work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.