First day on Mirtazapine

Posted , 6 users are following.

I started on Mirtazapine yesterday and took my first dosage at 2am this morning. I have felt dreadful all day and feel groggy and tired with very heavy limbs.

Is this likely to improve? My GP stated that I was welcome to call her up and discuss next week should I have this effect.

I have tried Sertraline but this just increased my anxiety. I feel even worse now as I feel that no medication is going to help me.

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, i have been on Mirtazapine 45 for some time, started on 15, best advice i can give you is to take it about 2hrs before bed, i usually take mine at 8pm and by 9.30-10pm im really relaxed and i get a super night sleep, its an amazing drug, it literally saved my life, i didnt know what the pain in my chest was, i thought my heart was giving trouble, anyways it tured out to be anxity !!, after about a week on 15mg I went back to work and I tested my new found anxity free life, i got into an arguement with a co worker, and it didnt knock a feather off me, if i had tried this before starting on Mirtazapine I would have not been able to fight my corner, stick with it, and good luck.,
    • Posted

I just need to balance this ( no critism to tintin ) like all anti depressant you need to respect them Mitazapine can have a high incidence of Suicidal Ideal action. 45 mg for some can be a awful amount and their are other who have struggled with it . maybe put a post in the Depression forum. You find a number of comment dicussing it both ways. Just keep your eyes open for any early sign and if your lucky or it just you cope then work with Mirtazapine as it can be a great med and I had no qualms on 15mg and 30mg.

There someone called dondon3 who has a very good life story as well as a few others,

• Posted

Im only just after reading your post form 2hrs ago, have you tried a quick acting benzo like Valium to get you over the hump while you wait for Mirtazapine to kick in>? the Mirtazapine will totally get rid of the pain in your chest, Valium will help the journey
  • Posted

Well I took the medication at 8:30 last night and feel a lot better today. I do not feel that groggy today and my head feels 90% fine! This certainly would not prevent me from working or getting on with my life so I am very pleased.

Thanks for all your replies.

• Posted

thats great news, it will get easier, trust me, just keep taking 2hrs before bed, if you are hitting the town for a night out then dont take you tab until you are going to bed, happned me one night, took my tab at 8.30pm and then went out with the wife for meal and drinks, i was falling asleep on her at 10pm  lol. i just take my med on nights like this when i get home just before bed,
  • Posted

Hi Knowle Rohrer! I'm glad to hear you are having a better day. One word of warning - you should expect some ups and downs in your recovery, that's the way it goes. Enjoy the good days, and they will gradually become more frequent. All the best, Pixie.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.