First fill

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi , just need to know if anyone else has had the same problems as me.i had my first fill last Saturday, and to be honest I think he missed the port or something, because I don't feel any different! . I am Hungary!!! When I rang the clinic to tell them they said it's normal at this stage , as it's will power over the next few weeks  ,that will help me loos weight.its the next fill that will be the one with fills me.!!!  Not happy at all if I had willpower I wouldn't have had a gastric band! 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh Lorraine i feel your pain! Lol

Im getting 3rd bandfill tomirrow and hoping i get some restriction. Had none at all with 2 bandfills, and even tho im sticking to 1000 cals, no carbs, i havent lost a thing since 1st fill. I havent got loads to lose either.

It seems some are really lucky and it takes 2 fills. Others it takes 3 or 4.

How much have you got in your band and what size?

dont dispair. The band isnt really doing its job yet untill you get the right fill.

Willpower is all good and well, but what to do when your hungry! Lol

Good luck with it all 😊

• Posted

Hi, I feel the same as you its a lot of money we have spent to be in the same position. Ive had 4 fills now and could still eat a 3 course meal IF I allowed myself too although I do have to chew chew chew and eat slowly.  After my 3rd fill I did feel less hungry between meals but am so looking forward to the day I can only eat small portions.

I do have confidence this will work, its just going to take longer than I thought!

• Posted

How much is your band and what size band have you got nicol?

God im so hoping my 3rd fill tomorrow makes a bit of didference. I too can eat anything really, and rarely get that full feeling.

😣

• Posted

Hi I have 7.75ml in a 10ml band.  They have said I am unusaul though needing so much.  Its actually 5 fills I've had, miscounted!  Don't worry I've heard some people only need a couple. 
  • Posted

I've heard people say that it takes s few fills to get to the desired level so it's probably not uncommon what you are experiencing x
  • Posted

I went to have my band fill on Saturday an they couldn't find the port.

The nurse said it was too deep and they didn't have any needles that long???

Also still had some infection around the scar.

Really disappointed and have to wait a month before they try again. If that doesn't work I will have to wait another month.

Worried that I am going to put the 28lbs I lost back on at this rate.

Hopefully your next fill will be better.

😕

• Posted

Lisa I find that bad. Why should you wate a month it's not going to take that long for your infection to go. I not had a fell yet and i am struggling now so to go three months down the line. I am so worried. I do hope your problems sort themselves out x
  • Posted

Thanks lady's feeling abit better about not being the only one who's struggling , I must ask the nurse how much he put in into the band, I never even thought to ask.
  • Posted

God I hope I can feel mine. i am having mine on the 2nd of June. They keep saying it may take 5/6 fells. will be so p***ed off if it takes that long. And i do agree with you willpower they are having a laugh. Keep in touch let me know how you get on please x
  • Posted

I had my 3rd fill yesterday.

Ive felt no restriction and lost nothing since first fill. I insisted the nurse fill me as much as possible. I even got her to check i didnt have a leak!!

Got filled from 5.5ml to 8ml!

On liquids for a few days, but cant say i feel any different at the moment.

Ive only got a 10ml band, so what happens if i get to 10ml!!!!

• Posted

Hi Pat.

Really struggled to get anything down and was booking a defill. But by yesterday everything settled down and no problems at all now. Deffo feel the difference as in im fuller quicker and for longer. Hope it lasts a good while!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.