First fill

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi , just need to know if anyone else has had the same problems as me.i had my first fill last Saturday, and to be honest I think he missed the port or something, because I don't feel any different! . I am Hungary!!! When I rang the clinic to tell them they said it's normal at this stage , as it's will power over the next few weeks  ,that will help me loos weight.its the next fill that will be the one with fills me.!!!  Not happy at all if I had willpower I wouldn't have had a gastric band! 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Lorraine, I had my first fill 3 weeks ago and have felt absolutely no restriction.  I haven't lost any further weight since the fill so I am feeling very disillusioned at the moment.  I really wanted to feel better about myself for the summer.  Just hope the next fill works.  Only got 4 ml in at present I think.
    • Posted

Nicola70336 that's how I felt I'm so p*ssed off now can't wait for the 22 nd that's when il get my next fill, seriously it had better make a difference.best of luck on this journey
  • Posted

Well I have now been and had a successful band fill.

My port is very deep but with some very odd positioning the nurse was able to put 5 ml in.

I'm on the liquid diet again for 3 day's and feeling absolutely no restrictions so I will have to keep going and wait for the next band fill in a month.

God I'm hungry!

Good to hear about others experiences, really keeping me going.

X

• Posted

I had my first fill in April and have been massively disappointed.  i feel no different at all, no restriction and really hungry.  I havent lost any weight and am starting to think wit's been an enormous waste of money!! Second fill tomorrow, just hoping  for better results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.