First period after myomectomy

Posted , 65 users are following.

Hi all

It was 2 weeks yesterday since I had my open myomectomy and this morning I woke with the worst period pains ever!! 😫

My tummy hurts so much particular at the sides of my scar and my back....if it hurt before, now it's seriously hurting!!! Is this normal??? Did anyone else experience this? Is it a one off because my op is still fresh or will my period always be like this from now on? I'm in agony and keep bursting into tears 😪

Thanks

3 likes, 112 replies

112 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Good day

I have done the myomectomy on the 28 of November 2016,,since then I haven't gone to my periods,is the anything I must be worried about...

• Posted

Hi good day,

Your monthly periods should continue to come as usual,

Didn't you have a December period at all ?

Did you have in November ?

Not sure what's happening there, did you speak with your GYN ?

• Posted

I went for my check up after the operation and my gyn said all will be well and I will see my period but up to now still no period...
    • Posted

Yes, you are absolutely right.

Had my myomectomy 20/12/16. started bleeding yesterday 4/1/17. initially I got scared, dark red and the pains ? Oh my! Hurts so bad, am using a hot water bottle and just lying in bed. My 1st check up is tomorrow.6/1/17. hoping to discuss all with my doctor, as am out of pain killers.

Keep strong you all, it's not Mickey Mouse stuff sometimes, but it's all for good in the long term. xxx

• Posted

hi weihnachten288

I had my Myomectomy done March 5, 2016. started my first period on March 16, 2016. It started out with light pink spot for a couple of days. Then it got heavy with big chunk of blood clots and very painful. I took ibuprofen for the pain and hot water bottle. I just hate the gush feeling. Did your period ever gotten better? Thank you.

• Posted

I had my myomectomy 3 weeks ago and my first period started a few days ago. I was told that it would be better now. I've leaked despite wearing two heavy pads, had a lot of pain and now large blood clots. I don't want to go through this again. Will it get better?

• Posted

Hey Sis, Hang in there. I'm actually 3 weeks post op as well and facing the same thing. My doctor just called and said this is part of the healing process. Keep an eye on how many pads you change in a 2 hour period. WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS!

• Posted

Hey lynda410,

How are you? I hope things are looking up. I'm passing clots as well today. I was just hoping all this would be over. I pray that with each passing month this gets better and I don't regret getting this operation.

• Posted

Hi. I had a myomectomy 28 days ago and have gone through the same problem you had. How many did your period last? It started with light period and now I have had heavy bleeding and clots for 8 days. Please, help me.
    • Posted

Hi. I had a myomectomy 28 days ago and have gone through the same problem you had. How many did your period last? It started with light period and now I have had heavy bleeding and clots for 8 days. Please, help me.
    • Posted

Hi Gaby unfortunately I can not offer you any hope as my problem has got worse and my periods have started getting heavier again for longer. Looking to be referred back to the hospital again.
    • Posted

Am so sorry blueskype, be strong okay. U will be well again.
    • Posted

weihnachten288,

You are 1 year agead of my time line. I had my Myomectomy 20Dec2017, today is New years day and i literally just started my period. i had bleeding post op for about 24-48 hrs and was spotting very little until today. The cramps coming on last night were painful but not as intense as pre-op. I am 34 about to be 35 in Feb, and hoping to be a mom one day (Lord willing). The periods I had before were so painful I was taking lortab the first day or two of my cycle along with fiber supplements to offset the constipation. They used to last 3-4 days but with the fibroid still there (pre-op) it started to get longer and longer.  Hopefully you had a smooth road after your op?

Dallas-Barbi3

• Edited

I had my Myomectomy on Dec 26, 14 fibroids of different sizes were removed. I didn’t have that much bleeding after the surgery and the pain was tolerable. My period started yesterday (January 4) and the pain is excruciating. I don’t know what to do, I called the doctor and I have an apt is next week. I want a baby too, but bleeding like this makes me feel sad
    • Edited

Hang in there. I had a open  myomectomy done 11/14/16 6 Large fibroids removed. Large c-section cut across my bikini line. My first two periods were horrible. I cried myself to sleep thinking it was a waste. I was 35 with no kids & didn’t think it would ever happen for me..  I found out I was pregnant a month later. I delivered my beautiful baby girl two months ago. My periods have started back very heavy and still a lot of pain & clots...but I feel like the surgery was well worth it.. The pain is  uncomfortable but tolerable.. Hang in there god will bless your womb ladies💞💞💞

• Posted

Correction surgery done 11/16//16
    • Posted

Hi Dallas-Barbi3,

well nice to know we’re a year apart in this.

I had intense pains , first few cycles post OP, Doc gave me pain relievers & I felt better

but now all pains are gone. 

My boyfriend left pretty soon after the surgery , but someone else found me & we got married last month-Dec.2017. So, fingers still crossed & we trying with high hopes for our Baby. Wish you speedy recovery & the Best xxx

• Posted

Wow.... Congratulations Nia. What a good news. Thanks for the update and encouragement. My fingers are crossed and hoping to be a mother... Am 6month after OP and still TTC. Sorry for the pains u are passing through, I pray u feel better and okay. Stay healthy ladies.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.