First period after myomectomy

Posted , 65 users are following.

Hi all

It was 2 weeks yesterday since I had my open myomectomy and this morning I woke with the worst period pains ever!! 😫

My tummy hurts so much particular at the sides of my scar and my back....if it hurt before, now it's seriously hurting!!! Is this normal??? Did anyone else experience this? Is it a one off because my op is still fresh or will my period always be like this from now on? I'm in agony and keep bursting into tears 😪

Thanks

3 likes, 112 replies

112 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Miss Burbs

I had my myomectomy in March and my first period was absolutely painful.  My second was only 5 days and and was less painful but the next lasted two weeks and again was an improvement.  Unfortunately they recently discovered two fibroid growths of 6 and 4 cm so not so great though.

• Posted

I know you comment was 2yrs old..but all this info is very helpful..i got. My myomectomy on 8/1/2017 llightly blead that week. At the end of the month .on 8/29/ i got my period on the second day and today i have heavy bleeding with little clotts..i get very nervous when i bleed alot ...(as it reminds me of the bleeding when i had the huge fibroids) an i really hope it doesnt last me more than 5 days...im only on day 3....and wed like to start ttc in a few mo.
  • Posted

Hi all. I had my vertical myectomy Sept. 7, 2017 (4days ago) . I stayed in the ward for 2nights. Pain when standing up , coughing and laughing. No bleeding after my surgery but today 4rth day I wake up and went to pee I saw blood on my wee and also on tissue paper when I wipe it. I am so scared for I know that before surgery I had 2 shots of Zoladex the last injection was first week of July and this will stop my periods. According to doctors my menstruation will come back after 3months of last shot. So im confused and worried because of this blood spots coming out.. is this normal?? Anyone have this issue?? By the way I'm 39 and hoping for kids too.. Prayers to all..

• Posted

I also had my op on 7 September 2017, the after effects of it were the same as yours including pain when walking. I didn't have my periods in September. Now boom I am on my periods, the pain I am feeling is more compared to before the surgery. Back pain, feeling groggy and pain killers don't seem to work 😭😭😭. I am hoping that the pain will get better and that I will eventually get better! 

• Posted

Hi, I had my Myomectomy 8/23/17 post surgery I had about 13 days of bleding, I started what I believe is my second cycle four days ago it was sooo heavy and the cramping was horrible. It included the passing of clots as well. Yesterday I stopped bleeding completely, now today it came back with a vengence!eekkk it feels like day two of my period all over again. And I've been having terrible back pain. Im not feeling this at all. Prior to my surgery I had an HSG and my tubes we're closed, my doctor now assumes my tubes are open assuming the 7 Fibroids removed were blocking them. He also said once I do conceive I won't be able to have a vaginal birth and I'll only be able to carry to 33 weeks has anyone else experience d this?

• Posted

Hello I had myomectomy 4 weeks ago and I had some light bleeding after the op . Some time I feel some internal pains where the fibroids were located before and I think is because of the healing process . Am still expecting my second cycl . I was also told I can not give birth  tru vaginal and pregnancy will only stay for 37 weeks before c section all because the uterus was opened during the surgery an attempt to try to push might cos complications . I wish you and alll other TTC all very best.God will grant us our heart desires . 
    • Posted

Amen ooo. Stay healthy Gozi all shall be well. Wishing you and others facing the same challenge speedy recovery.
  • Posted

I had myomectomy on 5th of October, 2017, I bleed for 2 days and till today am still having some blood drop. my doctor told me is normal, but am scared. please can someone help?

• Posted

Hallo mercifuloly, I had the same experience as yours, I also bleeded for 2weeks not heavy but slightly blood stains. I had my laparoscopy on 25th July after which my period came 24th August although it was very heavy with less pain. Now am okay and living my normal life. I hope this will help.

Stay strong and healthy.

• Posted

Mercifuloly I had my operation the same day as yours, my period came on the 11th of oct the first day was nothing much and I could not tell the pain if it was period or surgery pain. But second day of my period was heavy started to become heavy more like afternoon and the third day with clots Ofcoz and painful and lasted 4days which ended with massive clots. Am sure yours will change as long as your not passing clots and heavy. Am on iron tablets don't stop taking your iron tablet. I wish u all the best and get better

• Posted

I had a myomectomy on 5th Oct, 2017, I bleed for 2 days and till now am still having blood drop especially when I urinate and walk around. I calls my doctor, he said is normal. but am scared is almost two weeks now. can can someone help?

• Posted

Hello.

I had my open myomectomy exactly a month ago. I also experienced spotting days after the surgery which my gyne explained prior my operation. So it’s normal. 

I am having my first cycle now (2nd day of period) and I’m still feeling slight cramping and lucky nothing near to the pain I was having pre op. My period’s not heavy but I will be observing further in the next few days. However, my physician already set my expectation that my cycle might be heavier or I might still feel pain in the first few cycles after the surgery since my system is still trying to heal itself. So in order to slowly get the cycle back to it’s normal flow, I was prescribed with low dose pill for 3 months or until the cycle normalizes. Next few days and months will have to be observed. It will be like having your menarch again where you get to know your cycle all over again. 

Hang in there ladies. I believe everything’s gonna be better. We are healing and it will take time. Just listen to your body and be positive. Eat healthy and look forward to a better version of yourself. 

• Posted

Hey, I had a myeomectomy last year. If I'm honest my first period was very light and a total breeze, however my seconf period was 14 days of agony exactly as you described. I think it is normal, but I totally sympathse it is not fun

• Posted

MissBurbs,

Myomectomy on December 21, 2017. I've been on my period for five days now and it came as scheduled. The first three days felt very painful. It felt worst than the surgery. Back, side, stomach. I bled like crazy. I'm still bleeding a lot but not as bad. My doctor gave me a card to track the days I bleed over the next several months. It's supposed to die done some eventually. I was off the pain meds and I started up again. I hope you find comfort.

• Posted

Hi, did your cycles ever get lighter and less painful?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.