First symptoms

Posted , 10 users are following.

I would like to know what were the first signs and symptoms for your kidney failure.

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I agree with James Janis. Keep a positive mindset and it's ok. I felt the exact same.....the friends I made in dialysis ward was a gift!! You also realise you're not alone. It's what's in your head that counts! Positivity! You'll win.

• Posted

Janis, I understand your fear completely as you are young, vibrant and healthy. I have had ckd since my 40's and it has slowly progressed (I am now 63) to a GFR around 38. I never had foamy urine and my tests have never shown measurable protein in my urine. During this time I have continued to function normally, including exercise and lead a normal life. The only challenge that I have had for the past couple of years is when I jog, I really have to be careful of keeping hydrated, or I get lots of foot and lower leg cramps. Of course, stretching post-run helps immensely with this. My point is that even with late stage 3 ckd, one can continue to workout with ckd and even an instructor such as yourself could continue her career. Although you once had an acute episode of ckd, your kidney function returned to normal so that is a good sign. Continue to care for your self and get the tests so you can know the results and move on. Let us know what you find out.

• Posted

Episodes of nausea, vomiting, severe headaches, high BP, and fatigue.
  • Posted

hi. i was diagnosed with ckd at the of 21. my 1st symptoms were anemia, high blood pressure & angina. im now 28, my creatinine dropped to 2.4 due to infection and now in stage 4. 

• Posted

I found out when pregnant and didnt know I had it and I was in stage 4 then... I didnt get symptoms until i got to 18% and thats when I started get more tired, Im now at 10% and feel awful, unwell, 2nd flu of the year, tired, sick, cant concentrate properly
    • Posted

Yes, I , too, find I get colds and flu easily now. I've also had several kidney infections. My anemia has been under fairly effective treatment so I'm not having a lot of problems with tiredness most days. It's the same with the foggy brain for me.

However, I suspicion that if I had normal renal function upon waking tomorrow morning I'd realize that I have been feeling much worse than I have been thinking. My renal function has deteriorated fairly gradually most of the time. I only notice feeling much worse when it shifts downward quickly. It has only done that three times since I was diagnosed in March of 2013.

Nevertheless, I definitely get sick much more easily than I used to and it takes a long time for me to move past the cold or flu.

Marj

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.